*Contest* 360Revolution reDesign -My entry -*In progress*(Must see;)

Neverfamousguy Oct 12, 2013

1. Homura

Homura Creator of Avalon XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    sorry didn't mean to do that >.> I didn't even enter the contest so you still have a chance. Besides it is Bullet that makes the decision anyway so good luck ;)

Also just remember my tip and make the tool a bit bigger, at least big enough to hold the editors, and make it so they dock, WPF docking isn't normally possible so I had to do it all in C# code, since wpf abandoned docking support, but yeah Windows forms allows docking so yeah ;) easy to dock, but I would clear the form whilst docking and code a back button to always return to main page. If you know how to make transition animations then you can do that as well. So when a tool is loaded it can slide n fade or fade in and out etc.

2. Neverfamousguy

Neverfamousguy Team Trinity
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yep! Ill take it in to consideration, ill probably swap out my GUI to a more windows 8 looking one,
    With transitions if i can figure them out,
    With Dontnet you're more limited into the functions,
    really all it does is give a smoother look,
    Ive swapped my controls, to DevExpress,
    as it doesnt have limits,
    But you just got to know how to use the tools that are provided!

Thanks for the tips thoe bud!

3. Homura

Homura Creator of Avalon XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    85/94

Console:
    Xbox
    With all generic .dlls your limited since they all have same functions, same capabilities etc. But DevExpress Tile Control I do like, I emulated it but with a timer >.> Not too hard to make it draggable like theirs, but yeah theirs is the best I seen so far out of the generic ones ;)

"as it doesnt have limits, " that is where your wrong, .dlls themselves always have limits, but if you know how to code your own controls then there is no limits (except your own, which you can always improve and learn, so in reality no limits except the ones you put on yourself.), I believe the .dlls would be better if they only added the necessary stuff to the .exe's instead of all the stuff that isn't used, but those .dlls are huge so either way will make project big. But that is simply because they have their own framework etc. in them and so many .dlls of theirs rely on other ones to function. I prefer making all my controls in one or 2 .dlls as then it is easier.

But yeah good luck on making a sexy UI ;) I wish you luck and Hope you make something really nice ;)

4. la

laoniu Newbie
    0/47

Looks good dude, keep it up.

5. xi

xiaonvren Banned (Read The Rules) BANNED
    0/47

Looks good dude