Common JTAG/RGH Errors and Causes/Fixes

KobeJack Nov 14, 2013

1. KobeJack

KobeJack Newbie
    0/47

What state is HI in the middle rOund on the ends
    Console:
    Xbox
    A lot of the time I see threads of some really common issues with the same solutions and I was hoping that this would clean up this support forum for those with the out of the norm issues.

I ran a JTAG/RGH/Flashing and Repair Service for over a year and serviced over 80 consoles, so these solutions are all based on what I learned from consoles I've had to fix and I have given tech support for

FOR ALL PROBLEMS YOU SHOULD THINK OF WHAT YOU DID LAST TIME IT WAS WORKING, TRY UNDOING THIS/REMOVING HDD, THIS WILL FIX MOST SOFTWARE ISSUES!

Freezing/Pixelated(Checkerboard) Screens

While Booting:
    • If it's RGH1 the pll_bypass (green CR wire) may need re-soldered
    • If you recently flashed the console recently obviously you need to reflash
    • Make sure your Xbox logo is pulsing, if it is that means it's loading (plugins can cause this)
    • Unplug the hard drive and try to boot, if this works then remove whatever was recently added/changed

During Consoles Use:
    • If it is freezing after not too much use (less than an hour or two) then shutoff let it cooldown and next time you boot up let it run on xex menu looking at your temperatures, check back every now and then until it freezes, remember the temperatures it says on the screen (maybe take a pic), repeat the process, if the issue re-occurs see about changing your fan speeds/heatsink tightening/professional reflow/thermal paste replacement (wnyconsoleservices on skype is a good repairman)
    • If using mods you might be on wrong title update or your not using them at the right time or they don't work in general
    • Pixelated/Checkerboard screens are another form of GPU failure it needs the old thermalpaste/heatsink/reflow/reball fix(wnyconsoleservices on skype is a good repairman)

Fatal Crashes
    • If trying to run mods, stop. You are most likely on a non-matching title update for which these mods where made for.
    • Recently installed something and this is happening? Uninstall it, most likely need to try a re-transfer or your putting it somewhere its not supposed to be. This applies to when XeX Menu won't start also

Black Screen/Not Booting Up
    • If your console is an RGH, check for a pulse light (a small led will blink roughly every 5 seconds inside the back of the console on top of the AV port in phats or under the DVD drive in slims) if this is blinking this is good it is still trying to boot! If it has been a half hour and still it hasn't booted but light is blinking try removing the hard drive (maybe corrupt files)
    • Make sure you have a video cable plugged in and your TV on the right input!
    • Did the ring of light on the power button cycle like it always does when it turns on but nothing came on the screen? Your GPU may need a professional reflow/xclamp fix(wnyconsoleservices on skype is a good repairman)
    • Try another AV Cable or HDMI cable, if HDMI cables aren't working try switching to AV and vice versa if AV isn't working. Also make sure you change the TV input!

Red Ring(s) of Death
    Red Ring of death has dozens of causes! Google the error code on the screen, but wait what if you don't have anything on the screen? No worries there has been a red ring of death database created for almost all of them!

All you have to do is startup your xbox and wait for the red rings to come on, then hold the controller sync button and click the eject button, (the rings will start flashing faster) and count how many red rings are showing. Keep holding the sync button and each time you hit eject it will give you the next number, after you get the 4 digits it will return back to the original red ring(s) of death. The combination it gave is the "secondary error code".

1 Red Ring=1
    2 Red Ring=2
    3 Red Ring=3
    4 Red Ring=0

Say I hold the controller sync button and click the eject button and get a 4, then again and i get a 1, then again and i get a 1, then again and i get a 4. Then my secondary error code is 0110 and if i go to the right google link i will see that my Ram Bricks need reflown/reballed.

For console repairs I recommend wnyconsoleservices on skype he's reballed several consoles for me and he's professional

Christmas Lights
    ​Merry Christmas you most likely flashed a bad KV! Possibly also the wrong KV type. If you have the skills you can hard-solder an spi programmer and flash back the NAND, if your knew at this your best off paying someone $10-$15 for the service $10 ain't worth risking your console.

Can't Connect to Xbox Live
    • You need what's Called Xbox Live Stealth (the official service is gone it is now XBLSE or EXBLS)
    • Buy the service by contacting Devon_bryant or exbls on AIM
    • If you have this service but still can't connect make sure you gave them the correct cpu key and have your plugins set correctly and your launch.ini configured correctly
    • Make sure your connected to your network
    • Make sure you have an unbanned KV.bin and the CPUKey.bin for it on the root of your hdd

Got a problem and cause/solution? Reply it in the thread and i will add it and credit you :)
    I'm not perfect i just wanted to hit the basics and remove some of the repetitive threads.
    Nothing Working? PM me and I will personally try to help you

• Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. De

DellBoy Veni Vidi Vici Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Very nice topic should help lots of new RGH/Jtag owners (and old lol)

Should be Pinned!

• Old Old x 1
  3. KobeJack

KobeJack Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    thanks, and these are just ones I could think of off the top of my head I just saw some console freezing threads and I thought of how many times I have seen the same issues with the same solutions

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. KobeJack

KobeJack Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    bump. this thread does nobody any good on the 2nd page

5. Se

SexyDev Queen of Darkness
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Decent thread, good for those who have similar issues. Keep it up!

6. jtrixxx

jtrixxx Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    i'm having the same issue of not being able to connect to xbox live it says fail and i just bought a new kv
    could anyone help me please my aim is (ace fleming)

7. gameroms

gameroms XPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    boot dashlaunch and turn live block off

8. HA

HALOHARRY2K9 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    If your console is an RGH, check for a pulse light (a small led will blink roughly every 5 seconds inside the back of the console on top of the AV port in phats or under the DVD drive in slims) if this is blinking this is good it is still trying to boot! If it has been a half hour and still it hasn't booted but light is blinking try removing the hard drive (maybe corrupt files)

I have this problem except ive tried removing the files and network adapter everything, xell boots but will only load so far, this happened because i bought a ghosts menu and bypass and a new kv and i flashed the new KV and now it wont boot but i dont have chrismtas lights, its trying to boot but simply wont

9. ta

tanraymond027 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i want to try the MGS ground zero trainer.
    i put the 2 files on the folder of game..
    then press the loader..
    the notification appear..
    but when i'm starting the game my xbox suddenly shutdown..
    most of my trainers are working.
    someone please help!!!!

10. EPiiC x TEAM

EPiiC x TEAM 404 Not Found Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox One
    !!Need help!!
    My jtag Jasper (512mb) is banned and i have un-banned it 1s before and it worked fine but now when i try to update the nand with a new kv updflash.bin it doesnt boot up aymore after ( also have 2 bad blocks but when i try to fix the the tool says there are none?)
    no lights burn on the console only black screen but then wen i reflash the nand with my backup flashdmp.bin using xell it works again but am still banned how can i fix this? :/

11. Dopeshore

Dopeshore Newbie
    0/47

ok, my console's dash isnt up to date and all i tried to do was put a token on XBLSE and everytime my console boots it freezes at logo but the green is moving but wont move past that what do i do? also xell is running continuous and wont show the menu how do i fix this?

12. 7s

7sDave Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    "Bookmark this page" , Page has been bookmarked. (; Lol nice thread

13. CopperniX

CopperniX Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Forgot one that seems to be common on a lot of other sites. xbdm.xex and other plugins causing E71. Easiest fix thus far that I have run into is flashing your NAND to restore console.

14. Le

LeviBoy98 Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hello! i would like to get some help please!
    I have an xbox 360 slim rgh.
    I had to format my xbox 360 slim hdd and now i cant play downloaded games, it crashes every time.
    There is any way to restore the rgh files on the hdd?

15. be

bechard04 Newbie
    0/47

I am having an issue that is not listed. I boot the 360 up, I have it J tagged and once in a while the j tag screen will come up then the next screen which is like emulator or w.e it says on it. Then once in a while I will get HDD connected then you can hear the xbox kinda work less hard and then the screen goes black and sometimes it tries to boot again and does the same thing and once in a while it will say HDD removed. It is causing me a lot of grief Can anyone help me out?

16. js471985

js471985 Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Other
    Hi all. Sorry if there's a post with regards to this already.

My problem is the E74 error with secondary error of 1022, which I know may be the hana chip.

My question is, if I get this fixed in a repair shop, will it mess up the jtag/rgh glitch I already have installed.

Only helpful replies please, as I've seen many posts that are really generic.
    Many Thanks

17. lu

lucascalmdown Newbie
    0/47

Hi ive just recently bought an rgh xbox. Ienjoy call of duty so i downloaded a few mod menus for MW2. When i go to load them offline it continuously keeps popping up Welcome to IKonroi V5 and same happens when i try to use Outbreaks can you please lead me in the right direction maybe add me on skype and talk me through what i have to do

18. NO

NOT BOBZ Newbie
    0/47

my RGH was working fine but when i went to play it i turns on and my tv is on the right and its right in the xbox i just sits in a black scrren :wallbash: :arr: -_- :cry: :wtf: :derp:

19. xX

xXlisor324pwnXx Newbie
    0/47

my xblse was working fine but when i looked my profile, it said to join xbox live, so i did but then it freezed, now everytime y launch an application or login on a profile from rgh linkhud, it keeps on a black screen, am i banned or something?:?

20. Gr

Greystoke Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I've a interesting issue I've seen before pop up on my personal jtag and I'd like to see if you've heard or seen this...

I've been playing a few trainers lately on some games (and I'll admit had a few crashes etc but it would typically reboot fine) took a few days off for work and turned the system on today to...

The system requesting the setup menu (i.e. Languages, internet, etc)

The front led lights are completely dead with no change at all

The wireless controller will not connect nor with a charge cable

A wired controller will connect oddly

Xex will start via the eject and will load games etc still too through the normal method

My curiosity is why the lights are dead and controller issues...guess I could attempt to update the dashlaunch or reflash it again but I'd just thought I'd inquire here before going too crazy.

Thanks!