[Tutorial]Everything Needed to Know About Avatar Items.

BMTHstanton1990 Sep 15, 2012

1. BMTHstanton1990

BMTHstanton1990 RGH/JTAG God
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]

If you need some more avatar items, visit my avatar item thread HERE.
    If you would like to launch the Avatar Editor through FSD instead of the official dash. Visit my thread HERE.

Here is a little explanation of what kind of programs we will be using today:

Your antivirus will pick this program up as malicious. It is not. This is the program i personally use to patch avatar items. If your anti virus is removing the file either after you extracted it or when you click on it, just shut it off for 15 mins. Then turn it back on. Do a system scan if you are paranoid about being infected.

Avatar XUID Patcher is a program that patches avatar items with either one or up to 15 XUIDs. Also, this program has the ability to save your XUIDs if you want it to. You have to be careful with this program. Make sure to point it to a folder of avatar items. If there are files in the folder that aren't avatar items, it will corrupt them. So make a new folder labeled "Avatar Items" or what ever suits your fancy. Then just put all the items in there. You can put the whole folder tree in there if you need too. Ex:

AvatarItems/5553083B/00009000/**AVATAR ITEM**

Friday Avatar Patcher:
    Your antivirus will pick this program up as malicious. It is not. I've used this program multiple times to fix avatar item's title IDs. If your anti virus is removing the file either after you extracted it or when you click on it, just shut it off for 15 mins. Then turn it back on. Do a system scan if you are paranoid about being infected.

This program can only sign one XUID to an avatar item. What this program does that differs from Avatar XUID Patcher is, it has the ability to put all the avatar items in one folder. This is a plus if you like to keep your avatar items in just one folder.

360 MP:
    Your antivirus will pick this program up as malicious. It is not. This is a program that is rather new. It does LOADS more than just XUID creation. It's basically a RGH owner's dream program. I love it, and use it for loads of things. Today, we will be getting familiar with it's Offline to Online profile creator.

360 MP's Avatar Directory Creator:
    Your antivirus will pick this program up as malicious. It is not. This program was made by the same man that made 360 MP. This tool has one use. One use only. To sort avatar items into a male and female directory. SOME may go into an unknown directory, but just load those up with 360 Content Manager and check them out for yourselves. If it's got breasts.... It's a female... or a fat guy...

How to add an XUID to an "offline" profile. (XPG Exclusive method)
    This is by far the SIMPLEST method known to man kind. Software needed can be obtained here. I did not create this program.

Step One: Load up 360MP

Step Two: Click the "Offline to online profile" tab

[​IMG]

Step Three: Load your offline profile up

[​IMG]

Step Four: Enter some random numbers into the second box under "Edit Your XUID." Those two boxes are your XUID for now on.

[​IMG]

Step Five: Click "Create Your New Online Profile"

[​IMG]

Step Six: Click the OK dialog that says successful.

[​IMG]

FIRST THING THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE. Let's get organized since there are LOADS of items.
    Create a folder labeled something like "Avatar Items" then drop all your files into there. Then make a folder labeled something like "Patched Avatar Items" for use when a program asks for an output. It will make your life SO much easier. Trust me. I've dealt with at least 40K items...

Organizing your items to pick which ones you don't want: (XPG exclusive method)
    An easy way to do so is to sort them into male and female directories. I'll explain how to do so.

Download Avatar Directory Maker

If your items are in subdirectorys, take them out. This program doesn't support subdirectories... For some odd reason...

Step One: Open up Avatar Directory Maker and click the BIG blue X... Really no need for an image there...

Step Two: Once it's finished, your items will be sorted into a few folders. Male, Female, Male-Female, or unknown. If you want items for only one gender, delete the other. The Male-Female folder is for items for either gender such as props.

Step Three: Carry on with the items you want.

Do you want your avatar items in one folder?
    You will need Avatar Friday Patcher.

Step one: Select rather you are doing a single file or a folder of files.

[​IMG]

Step two: Make a Title ID. Must be 8 characters. Letters or numbers. Doesn't matter

[​IMG]

Step three: Type your XUID if you are only going to be signing one XUID to your avatar items. If you are going to be using multiple XUIDs, then uncheck the box labeled "New XUID".

[​IMG]

Step four: Browse your computer for the folder full of avatar items.

[​IMG]

Step five: Click "Scan for files". Wait for it to complete.

[​IMG]

Step six: Select your output folder.

[​IMG]

Step seven: Click "Proceed". Then click "OK"
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step eight: If it didn't create the folder tree for you, you will have to do it manually. All you have to do is create a folder named whatever you put the Title ID to. Then create a folder inside that folder labeled "00009000". Then put all the avatar items from your patched folder to the 00009000 folder. Ex: Since my new Title ID was 4D28942F, my folder structure would look like this, 4D28942F\00009000\**PATCHED AVATAR ITEMS**

If it says it has any duplicates, that won't hurt anything The're mostly male and female items that are the same. Just delete the duplicates when you get all your items on your console. That's it if you only wanted to sign your avatar items to one XUID. Just transfer to your JTAG/RGH console. If you want to patch your avatar items with more than one XUID, then continue on.

Signing multiple XUIDs to an avatar item:

Download Avatar DLC XUID Patcher

Step one: Type your XUIDs into the boxes.
    [​IMG]

Step two: Open the directory containing your avatar items.

[​IMG]

Step three: Click "Patch", then "OK". It may seem like the program is froze, but it isn't. It may say "(Not Responding)" but it is fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Step four: That's it. Transfer and enjoy!

Troubleshooting:
    Is your avatar grayed out? Update your JTAG/RGH console with MS official update installer. FOR YOUR KERNEL VERSION ONLY. Updating your console with an official MS update that is NOT your current kernel WILL brick your console of it's ability to run unsigned code. Be smart, check first, act second.

Is one or more of your avatar items showing a "!"? As of now, i don't know how to fix this for patched avatar items.

I do NOT authorize this tutorial to be posted anywhere else.
    Shoutouts to XPG Tutorial Team: XPG Dutch, XPG Jack, and XPG TOMO.

2. Bu

Bullet Guest

Great tutorial , very clean and well written.

Plus rep+

3. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks Bullet!

4. FeralA9X

FeralA9X The EX-Terminator XPG Administrator
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    Awesome tut ;) im gonna go do a profile now :p

5. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks Feral. Can you confirm the profile making program for me? It worked on my end, but best to double check.

6. FeralA9X

FeralA9X The EX-Terminator XPG Administrator
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    Profile making program works awesome on windows 7 x64, only issue i had was i needed to add an entry to my AV so it worked, but can confirm that it is not malicious in any way ;)

7. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks Feral!

8. MrDack

MrDack All work, no play. Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Thanks. Very clear & easy to do, worked first time. I was able to transfer my legit avatar items from my main online profile over to my RGH only profile,
    ;)

9. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks! Glad it worked for you!

10. ma

matthewseth Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey....nice tutorial....but non of the items are showing in either my avatar editor or in the original one on the nxe menu.......I really need help....I'm a super beginner....I used 360mb to get a online account, then I patched my items to that xuid .....then copied it to my content 00000000 folder.....I dnt knw wat I did wrong??? Any help??? Thanx :)

11. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    How exactly did you install the items? Did you just copy the files to the 0000000000000000 folder? If so, you need to generate the original folder/file structure.

Can you give me any more info about how you patched and installed the content?

12. ma

matthewseth Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I jus copied it into the content folder 00000000000....... Can u explain how I should generate it .........I installed friday patcher.......and put my xuid in, ...I made my "new title I'd" matthews ......and unticked the new xuid folder......I then went to whr all my avatar items are.....and extracted it into a folder named matthews/00009000/patched avatar items..... Then I copied that hole folder into the content/000000000 folder using file manager on FSD 3

13. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ah i see. You didn't sign the items with your XUID. ;) Sign your items with your XUID (that you inserted into your profile) and then try it out.

14. BiGC0L

BiGC0L Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thank you excellent tutorials

15. re

reddevilmeuk Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    fab TUT, just one question. If I have 8'000 avatar items, is it better injecting them to each profile or to follow the TUT to put multiple XUID entries? reason I ask is speed purposes, when reading the avatar items in NXE

thanks

16. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    That's your call. I would personally sign multiple XUIDs to the items. However, there's different ways to approach that. Say, you and the missus want items. Use MP Avatar Sorter to sort between male and female items. Sign the female items with her XUID and the male items with yours.

However, i don't think it will effect performance either way. I would think it would take longer to look for multiple items and filter through it's XUID. Apposed to reading them all, and them having the XUIDs in all of them.

17. re

reddevilmeuk Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox

18. re

reddevilmeuk Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    do you have any problem FTPing 8'000 files to the same directory? I seem to have issues with speed....

19. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The files may be small, but there's 8,000 of them. So, that's alot of work. :LOL:

20. re

reddevilmeuk Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    actually tried this 3-4 times now and every time it gets to around 4500 it falls over. You can restart FSD but it doesn't want to transfer any more into that directory...

has anyone actually put this much avatar content into the same directory using this method?