Mod Fixes 'Fallout 4's' Most Annoying Problem

Nasyr Jan 21, 2016

1. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox One
    [​IMG]
    I had a love/hate relationship with Fallout 4′s settlement system. On the one hand, this was something I had wanted out of a bethesda game for years: a chance to alter the landscape in a meaningful, fully customizable way, making a thriving little town full of my own buildings and people. On the other hand, those fools just couldn’t stop getting kidnapped. Enter “Disable Minuteman Radiant Quests,” a mod by shad0wshayd3.​
    In Fallout 4, even just a couple of settlements meant you started getting saddled with all of your little people’s problems. It didn’t matter how many turrets you gave them, you still wound up having to defend Settlement A, take care of raiders for Settlement B, or rescue a kidnapped member of Settlement C. Worse still, those quests were on timers, so if you didn’t go complete some meaningless task in the time allotted, you wound up losing one of your precious settlements and disappointing Preston Garvey, who is easily disappointed.​
    “Disable Minuteman Radiant Quests” does just that, preventing your quest log from getting gummed up with nonsense while you went around killing more important things. What’s great, however, is that the quests are still available, you just have to actively seek them out instead of having them foisted upon you every 15 minutes. And you can talk to Preston without him automatically giving you the new quest. It allows you to pursue the settlements at your own pace, which is a big plus for me.​
    Fallout 4 was a great game in many ways, but it had a lot of shortcomings, as well. Luckily, the mod community is growing quickly, and that’s really where Bethesda games tend to shine. The base games are great, sure, but things really start to change once people start messing around with mods. Games like Skyrim and GTA 4 found years of popularity based largely on the efforts of amateur coders, and I have a feeling we’re gong to see something similar happen here.​
    Some mods are big, others are small. Something as small as this is quire pleasing: just a little tweak to make the game better.​
    Source: FB

2. milldogtjm

milldogtjm TeamXPG For Life Lifetime Gold
    55/94

A Student of Gaming
    Console:
    Xbox One
    This should be promoted to an article on the home page.

3. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    It is copy and pasted. If I rewrote it, then it could of gone on the homepage.