Tags:

Which Is Better The Xbox One VS PS4

Bullet Dec 16, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Something which keeps cropping up time and again in various places, is the now 12 month old discussion which debates which of the current gen consoles is best. Now without me having my say , I just want to ask our members which console they think is the best and why.

I will not have my say in the opening post, I will however join in the discussion in the thread...

Please back up any argument you may have with fact where possible.

So, which is best Xbox One or PS4?:

2. OfficialSilas

OfficialSilas The PC Wizard
    205/282

Console:
    Other
    XBOX, Because it gives the gamers more variety, as Microsoft have heaps more sponsorships with gaming companies giving us more games, for example Ryse, Forza 5, Forza Horizon, Titanfall etc. Security wise, I feel that XBOX do better security wise. Even though Microsoft have been attacked by Lizard Squad, generally the whole sever goes down, meaning the security is still good. I remember last year, Sony got taken down for like 2 weeks and peoples credit card details where being taken and a lot of gamers switched over the the XBOX or PC. In my opinion, I feel that the XBOX One has risen very well from the sales they had at the release of the next gen consoles and I'm proud of being a XBOX Gamer, like if you agree??

And great post Bullet ;)

3. AD

ADDZ Guest

PS4

4. Bu

Bullet Guest

Xbox One:

Xbox One 500GB standard Internal HDD
    Xbox One external Storage support
    Xbox One HDMI in and IR blaster
    Xbox One supports 2.4GHz and newer 5GHz channels that are compatible with dual band routers.
    Xbox One 1.75GHz AMD 8-core CPU
    Xbox 1.31 teraflop GPU AMD Radeon technology
    Xbox 8GB DDR3 RAM

PS4:

PS4 Internal swappable 500GB HDD
    PS4 No external support
    PS4 No IR Blaster or HDMI In support.
    PS4 supports 2.4GHz channels only
    PS4 1.6GHz CPU AMD 8-core CPU
    1.84 teraflop GPU AMD Radeon technology
    PS4 8GB GDDR5 RAM

Before the PS4 fanboys jump on these stats, I have to say , Woooah boy.....
    In black and white when looking at the above figures you would be forgiven for doing what most PS4 fans do and immediately start boasting about RAM and GPU being better on the PS4, however you need to look at the bigger picture.

DirectX12 could make that a reality, with Microsoft promising a preview version of its Direct3D 12 graphics toolset by the end of the year. It could make up for the slower DDR3 RAM.
    Neither the Xbox One or the PS4 allocate all of the RAM to game developers, obviously some of that memory is reserved to run the consoles operating systems.
    The PS4 reserves up to 3.5GB for its operating system, which leaves 4.5GB for Game Developers, however there Could be an extra 1GB of "flexible" memory if and when it's available. This 1GB is not guaranteed, however lets leave it factored in.
    Xbox One devotes a slightly larger 5GB of RAM for developers, as Microsoft's multi-layered operating system takes up a steady 3GB. This would mean that developers have access to 5GB more RAM access on the Xbox One than they do on the PS4, unless of course you factor in the 'Flexible' 1GB of ram, that may or may not be accessible.

These consoles are still only in their infancy and each month that goes by sees the consoles and games getting better.
    In my opinion it is too close to call right now, and only the game developers will be able to determine who really wins the console war.

5. SLAVE

SLAVE Skate
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ''Xbox One'' :p :D -_- :sick:

6. XxStarzxX

XxStarzxX Banned! BANNED
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    XboxOne but iv never played PS4!!

7. Spandaman

Spandaman Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Not getting caught
    Console:
    Xbox
    XBOX <<<<<-------- Name says it all, it will always win

PS <<<<<--------- Name says Piece of Fecal Leaking :FU:

8. Bu

Bullet Guest

9. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    The Xbox One is better clearly. I would say it can sustain itself way better then the PS4 can. Not to miss that it also has tons of games coming out just exclusively for the Xbox One. When Lizard Squad attacked Microsoft it went offline but not down. When PS4 is hit the whole network goes down. The Xbox One also has good functionality and the best part is being able to go to the home with the tap of a button is seconds and pick a name game to play. Also the split screen view where you view two different things at once. Really works out for Football lovers! Therefore... Xbox One is the way to go.

10. S373NSINSH4CK3R

S373NSINSH4CK3R Banned (Read The Rules) BANNED
    0/47

Iam currently on the moon playing my JTAGGED XBOX
    Console:
    Playstation 4
    Ps4 :eek:

11. Bu

Bullet Guest

As much as I respect that you think the PS4 is the better games console, It does clearly state in the OP to also "back up any argument you may have with fact where possible."
    You must have a reason why you think the PS4 is better?

12. S373NSINSH4CK3R

S373NSINSH4CK3R Banned (Read The Rules) BANNED
    0/47

Iam currently on the moon playing my JTAGGED XBOX
    Console:
    Playstation 4
    Well Bullet my arguement is that i own a ps4 i play it almost everyday do i like the layout on it? No i hate the way the ps4 software is. Iam mor acustome to the xbox look. But when it comes to ps4 its fast its a small console so its fitting in tight spaces where the xbox one cant fit. I feel that the xbox one is ways oversized they could have made it smaller in my eyes also the controllers are a bit bulky or bigger that the 360. I mean i feel ps4 wins but Xbox one does have alot of features voice control, able to know who the owner is as soon as he/she walks in the room. When it comes to software the xbox one wins. Ps4 always have sucked on that side.

13. Bu

Bullet Guest

Both consoles have some great unique features, the Xbox One facial recognition only works if you have the Kinect mind you , as do a lot of the unique features about the console, obviously voice commands and hand gestures. The Kinect in my opinion is a must have peripheral if you are getting an Xbox One, but would advise buying just the console now and waiting for the price of the Kinect sensors to drop next year.

The Xbox One blends right in with the rest of my equipment in my living room, so I do not really pay any attention to the size, and its also worth noting that I have not ( my friends list can vouch this) turned my Xbox One off once since I set it up last year and it runs at a warm temperature at best, which is awesome for a console which is literally on 24/7 for 12 months! I would put this down to the size of the console, so it is a worthwhile sacrifice in my opinion.

14. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    I'm just got damn happy Australian's are going to be getting dedicated servers on XBOX One, about freaking time ;)

15. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Battlefield Junkie XPG Retired Staff
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Well got myself a Xbone ;)

Looking forward to testing it out over the weekend and will report back to this thread soon. ;)

16. Bu

Bullet Guest

It is about time, now you can stop dragging the rest of the world down with your crappy Internet speeds!

17. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Ill have you know it's not our faults! Stupid Kangaroos keep kicking our internet lines down :( ahaha, Nah. I think the Internet is fine where I am. But anywhoo, still thankful for dedicated servers!

18. Heavy Smoker

Heavy Smoker Battlefield Junkie XPG Retired Staff
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    LMAO Jan 2015 fiber in my area ;)

19. Iamcoolz

Iamcoolz Forum Administrator Staff Member XPG Administrator
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    I personally have both, and I find myself playing my Xbox One a lot more than my PS4, my roommates play my PS4 a lot more due to the fact they have been playstation users for years. I look at this debate the same as I look at the Android and Apple debate, when it comes to specs on phones, the Samsung Galaxy Note 4, S5, and so on, demolish the Apple iPhone 6 by a landslide, but why do people choose the iPhone 6? It all comes down to user preference. As many of you know I work for a company inside one of the biggest electronic chains in USA, Best Buy. For the past month I have watched over transactions in my geographical area, and the iPhone destroys the competition? I looked and found out why, the iPhone is a trendy phone! I also looked at the Xbox and PS4 and to my surprise it is split almost equally sales wise, until recently, as the holidays approach, the Xbox One sales have skyrocketed above the PS4? Why? The Xbox One on its debut launch was an absolute joke, the PS4 rocked the world at that point, but guess what always happens? Microsoft always fixes their problems and addresses a lot if issues. Thus giving us the external HDD support as promised, and updates that constantly in my opinion improve the Xbox One, when I saw that Windows 10 could be going onto Xbox One, I almost cried, the PlayStations OS will not be able to compete with that... Windows 10 for heaven sakes is a PC OS, but however is being optimized for the Xbox One with gamers in mind. You can't argue with that logic, a console, with an operating system optimized for gaming? Hands down, Xbox One has to be the winner in my eyes, however, it all comes down to user preference.

20. Bu

Bullet Guest

How about Xbox One 302 apps > PS4 38 apps ?