YouTube Youtube Cracking Down on video game monetization

Bullet Dec 8, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Anyone that earns money via a network partnership from gaming videos may be in for a bit of a shock!
    The industry is clamping down on gamers that earn money from uploading clips via a partnership.
    If someone that isn't partnered was to upload a clip it would require a random check which asks the uploader to provide proof of permission to monetize the video or proof of ownership of the content outright. This often leads to a period where the video does not run any adverts until approved. If suitable proof isn’t provided then no adverts are run alongside the video and the uploader doesn’t get paid. The process is shrouded in such a grey area, considering the nature of some videos which put more effort in than simply uploading a trailer or gameplay clip. Users can claim fair usage rights, which ultimately doesn’t always work and so leaves some uploaders earning nothing for their efforts, no matter how great or small that is.

[​IMG]

When you join up with a network the checks get bypassed and you can earn money right away, however in 2014 all that will change and even partnered videos will be checked meaning you play by the same rules as everybody else meaning that videos will be randomly checked which can take between 2 and 48 hours.

This will see a reduction in video game clips submitted to Youtube for sure as a lot of people wont bother if they aren't getting paid.

What do you think, is this fair or not? Let me know below I would like to know what you think.

Source

2. georgemccool

georgemccool Always Glad to Help
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Flubber you google plus

3. PlaguedEmbrace

PlaguedEmbrace Don Pellucci - SS
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    fucking jews

4. Ro

Rocky Guest

Yeah I think its fair, After all how many videos are stolen off users that aren't partnered and the big youtubers make money from them!

5. MrDack

MrDack All work, no play. Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    "This will see a reduction in video game clips submitted to Youtube for sure as a lot of people wont bother if they aren't getting paid."
    ^^^^This is why I don't have a problem with what they're wanting to do.
    Uploading videos should be a hobby. Too many people trying to use it as a job.

6. Ro

Rocky Guest

I'm partnered and I love doing videos to promote XPG and TeamXPG mods, I haven't earned a penny and I'm not fussed by it, However if I did earn money I would inject back into our community.

I think it will stop all these glitch videos getting uploaded and flooding youtube with the same old crap!

7. MrDack

MrDack All work, no play. Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Yea that's the good part of youtube, people (as you say) uploading because they enjoy it. What I said is aimed at the people who basically play cod all day and upload to youtube as a full time job.