Xbox360 Help; Flashed/JTag USB DRIVE GAMES

johnj31352 Jun 29, 2013

1. jo

johnj31352 Newbie
    205/282

Console:
    Playstation 3
    I need Help with my Son Xbox360!

I bought a system that can play burned games for my son so Im guessing the drive was flashed. I don't know the difference between a drive that has been flashed vs a jtag one. I would like to download games and put them on my usb and play from there if that is even possible with a flashed drive or would I have to continue to burn games.

The system freezes on certain games but plays others for hours. I thought it was overheating which it can get pretty hot. I opened up the system using a tut offline. There are no xclamps on it and it had the washers for spacing. It was pretty clean of dust but I cleaned what little dust was there off. Like I said certain game work great and dont freeze at all while other freeze under 2 mins. So I think its the games or how the guy is burning the games.

The guy I bought the system from said he could put in another fan but I don't know I think he trying to hustle me because Im a Noob.He never really have solid answers and I made him burn me new games which still frooze minus Tomb Raider. Which frooze previously the first time.

I tried to put the Xexmenu on the xbox but it would not run. I read that your system have to be jtagd for all that. I don't want to mod games or anything I just want to play from a usb/hard drive.Please Help because my son is driving me crazy because of the freezing issue's.

2. Tony B

Tony B Ťサ∑ ㄕ◊к∑㎡◊и Lifetime Gold
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    What program are you using to burn the games and where are you getting them from. If you're playing them off of your HDD then you have a Jtag/RGH. Flashed Xboxes can only play from burned discs.

3. jo

johnj31352 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    I dont burn them I get the game from the guy I bought the xbox from. So I don't know what programs he is using to burn games. I will start to burn them myself once I learn more about the system. Thanks. Sound like I have to get it Jtag for playing game from the hard drive.

4. Tony B

185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Are you playing games from discs or are you already playing from your HDD? If you're just playing discs, I really do recommend that you get a Jtag/RGH. There's a member on here that will do it for you, provided you Xbox is on the right dashboard. It's fairly cheap too. The only flaw with a Jtag/RGH is that there are absolutely no online capabilities.

5. jo

johnj31352 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Yes I am playing from the disc it wont play games from the hard drive. I tried It don't work. I would like to Jtag it that sound like the best bet. I was reading somewhere that Jtag is outdated method. Something about reseting glitch hatch?!? I have no idea what that is.

6. sensi420

sensi420 Contributor TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Old Jtag is old dated
    RGH or RJtag is the way to go now.

7. Tony B

185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    A reset glitch hack is an RGH. ;)

8. jo

johnj31352 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Okay so no Jtag thats old school. RGH is the way to go or Rjtag? Now is this something I could attempt to do myself? Are there any tuts here that could help? I was looking around and I was reading that you could RGH with a flash drive. I also read that its not possible. This is why im confused because people making Tut full of BS!

9. Tony B

185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Personally I wouldn't attempt to do it myself unless I had extremely good soldering skill and/or money to waste.

10. jo

johnj31352 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Thanks