Xbox One: Do you need a live Sky account?

Bullet Nov 22, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Im trying to hook up my Sky box to my Xbox One and it just gives me the lost signal error all the time.
    The skybox is basically running as a freeview right now as I cancelled the subscription a few months ago, so we get basic Freeview channels only.
    Am I missing something here due to sleep deprivation , or do you need to have a current Sky subscription for this to work!

2. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    Im trying to hook up my Sky box to my Xbox One and it just gives me the lost signal error all the time.
    The skybox is basically running as a freeview right now as I cancelled the subscription a few months ago, so we get basic Freeview channels only.
    Am I missing something here due to sleep deprivation , or do you need to have a current Sky subscription for this to work!
    a bit of topic (hope you don't mind) but how you liking it? Any issues so far?

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

I will do a first impressions article in a little while ;)

4. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Mine seems to be fine mate just plug the sky hdmi in set it up on the Xbox and your off hasn't gone off yet watching it now while I'm waiting for Dr3 to install which is a drag lol...

5. De

DellBoy Veni Vidi Vici Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    The TV/Guide only working in the US currently Microsoft said as they are in talks with SKY//VIRGIN etc for the future last thing I read on Xbox.com was that only works in us and don't have a date for when it will be availble outside, is what I read or is it now ok in the UK

Even if I'm wrong it wouldn't matter any way weather you have a subscribtion or not the Box still sends out a signal but it has to be a hdmi output

Edit: NVM mind I see Darkside saying its working and he's in the UK so all is good

Did you go and buy it from Tesco then Bullet as you said?