Xbox Live Status Alert: Xbox 360 Online Features Affected

Rocky Mar 4, 2014

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

Microsoft has updated its Xbox live Status page to reflect a number of issues the service is currently experiencing.

Isolated to Xbox 360, the issues are affecting, “accessing all game features”, joining other Xbox Live members in online games” and “managing friends lists and tracking what friends are doing.”

You can see the page through here. Additionally, Battlefield 4 is being taken offline for maintenance, so EA can make way for the upcoming naval Strike expansion.

“Attention, Battlefield 4 players,” says the update. “Battlefield 4 will be down for a period of time as it is currently undergoing a scheduled maintenance in preparation for the latest expansion pack.”

“We appreciate your patience while we work. We'll provide an update as soon as the maintenance is complete.”

Source - X360A

2. BotLobbies

BotLobbies Banned BANNED
    0/47

While your reading this, i am doing something bett
    Console:
    Xbox
    Another thing that is affected is the Marketplace. I tried purchasing multiple games and DLC and would not go through. After talking to support seems as if Marketplace is affected. Everyone should be careful. At times like this You don't want a error to occur while purchasing because they could still receive the money and you receive nothing. :(

3. seattlegr18

seattlegr18 Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I've noticed that since the xbox one was released, the servers for the 360 are UBER slow. It takes my console like 3 minutes to sign in, and like 5 minutes to connect with other players.
    The worst game is Borderlands.....especially when nit comes to playing all the DLC content.
    Good luck trying to download anything and not have it take 3 days.
    It's annoying.
    I think they're doing in on purpose, so that more people will buy the new console.

4. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    205/282

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Sounds like your internet to me, been working fine for ne as smooth as its always been

5. XB

XBLSE Banned BANNED
    0/47

Everthinga going down hill now

6. seattlegr18

seattlegr18 Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I doubt it's my internet....
    If my internet were causing it, I'd have issues with more than one device, and not just my box.
    Unless....I just have so much crap on my xbox.
    Is that possible? lol

7. seattlegr18

seattlegr18 Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I didn't see a way to edit my post, so I'm going to post again, without any intentions of spamming, or flooding.

I've had my Box since the day it was released (the 'slim' version)

I have never had ANY issues with log in, or downloading DLC in game or on dash until the XBOX one was released...
    I auto assumed it was because Microsoft wanted to put a majority of their servers toward the newer system (If that's even possible) I dunno, I'm not a tech wiz of any kind.

Every device in my house, including my other consoles and laptop have no issues connecting to anything.

Could it perhaps be my location? Or, can a dirty over heated console cause performance issues? Maybe my console is dirty?
    I also have 3 profiles on the same console, maybe that slows it down, even though I auto connect my main profile?

I know I'm not the only one who has problems with it.
    I googled it, and it does seem to be an issue.

What are your thoughts?

I have comcast high speed internet like a majority of people do, and I only have my laptop, my xbox and my PS3 connected, so my internet shouldn't be the cause, but perhaps you could be right.

If you are, maybe you have advice on how to fix it? I'm open to opinions :)
    Feel free to PM me if you think you could help, I'd appreciate it