Xbox Live Rewards Update

sensi420 Jul 11, 2013

1. sensi420

sensi420 Contributor TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    With MSP points going away so does Live Rewards MSP giveaways and earnings. Take a look at this email I received today ( bottom of the thread).
    I wanted to know more so i checked out there FAQ and this is what MS posted

+ How will I keep earning through Xbox Live Rewards after July 31, 2013? A. The full program changes won't be revealed until September 1, 2013, but we'll be keeping track of what you're doing! You'll still be rewarded once the new program comes out for the following qualifying actions taken between August 1, 2013 and August 30, 2013:
    • Renew 1 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership
    • Renew 3 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership
    • Renew 12 Month Xbox Live Gold Membership
    • Purchase or Renew 1st Xbox Live Online Gold Membership
    • Make Your 1st Purchase on Xbox Live Marketplace
    Gold member benefits, like MyAchievements and Refer-a-Friend will be offline in August, but they'll be back on September 1, along with the other changes. So keep doing what you're doing, and come back on September 1 to see what's new!
    + What's going to happen to the Microsoft Points I've earned? A. Although the program will be changing, all your hard work will not go to waste! We're going to deposit ALL your Pending Points into your Xbox Account on August 7, 2013 – even if you haven't reached 100 Pending Points!

Microsoft Account Transition to Local Currency

+ What is changing?
    A. We are excited to announce that as part of the fall 2013 update, Microsoft Points will be retired, and transactions will take place using local currency! The monetary value of your Microsoft account will be stored in local currency as well, offering you a new, convenient way to purchase exciting Xbox content. This change allows you to use a single Microsoft account to purchase games, movies, apps, and entertainment from your favorite Xbox stores and the Windows Phone Store!​
    + How does this change affect me?
    A. You will begin using local currency or an Xbox Gift Card (denominated in your local currency) to buy music, games, videos, and more from your favorite Xbox stores. When you use your existing Microsoft Points to initiate a purchase or redeem a Points card with your Microsoft account later this year, we’ll deposit into your account an amount of money equal to or greater than the marketplace value of your Microsoft Points, and your Microsoft Points will be retired. The purchased funds you deposit into your account after the transition will not expire. However, the funds we deposit into your account at the time of the transition will expire one year from the deposit date.​
    + Is there anything I need to do?
    A. As long as your account location is set to one of the following countries or regions (see the next question, below) and you have a billing address on file in your Microsoft account, there is nothing you need to do. For information about moving your account location, see​
    Moving? Bring Xbox Live with you!
    + Which regions are affected by this change?
    A. Microsoft Points will be retired in all countries/regions. Content previously available for purchase with Microsoft Points will soon be available for purchase with currency in the following places:​
    • Australia
    • Canada
    • France
    • Germany
    • Hong Kong
    • Ireland
    • Italy
    • Japan
    • Mexico
    • New Zealand
    • Singapore
    • Spain