xbox Games that work/don't work without burning with ihas

jesalpha Jun 7, 2014

1. je

jesalpha Newbie
    35/47

Hi all,
    I dont have an Ihas dvd burner and there is very little information as to what works or doiesn't work without an ihas burner. Sometimes a game works, and sometimes it doesn't.
    I thought that maybe we could share information as to which games work or don't work without an ihas dvd burner.

My list isn't very long but here it is:

works:
    Assassins Creed 3 (connor) (with music playing in the background hack)
    motoGp 13
    thief (2014)
    pes 13
    army of two
    red dead redemption
    portal 2
    just dance 4

doesn't work:
    fifa 13
    fifa 14
    pes 14

2. xxxAcid

xxxAcid R* Chick
    35/47

P.A
    Console:
    Xbox One
    well what you need to find out prior to burning a game is if the game is a XGD3 you can not burn these games as they are overburned on the disc to 8.7gb which can only be done by either a certain few models of the Liteon IHAS drives after they have been cross flashed or the better option a sony optiarc 5280s-cb plus which can burn to 8.7gb as factory default.

but to keep it simple just look at the size of the iso as a XGD3 is 8.5gb you cant burn these so no point trying even if the burn finishes it will be missing data most newer games are XBGD with the exception of a few that are the older XGD2 these are usually around 7.8gb which can be achieved with the standard duel layer burners..... so stop being tight and buy a sony optiarc 5280s-cb plus its best £40 iv ever spent [​IMG]

3. je

jesalpha Newbie
    0/47

I just bought my xbox second hand last year, and it had a few games, and some I burned without the need of an ihas, now that the xbox one has come out I really don't want to buy one.
    You're wrong in saying that "most newer games are XGD3 with the exception of a few that are the older XGD2" Some of the games I listed above which work are not XGD2,are very recent (2013/2014) and work without needing an ihas.

I understand the size problem, but honestly who cares if there are 200MB on 8.7GB missing, its not as if it makes a difference, if the game works truncated i'm happy, the thing is that on those 200mb the producers put security stuff so that one can't copy the games easily.

4. xxxAcid

xxxAcid R* Chick
    35/47

P.A
    Console:
    Xbox One
    i didd'nt say they dont release XGD2 anymore (Thief is XGD2) i said most are new releases are XGD3 but whatever dude i was just telling you that its XGD3 you cant burn 100% without the stated drives, just buy one its not like you wont get your moneys worth.

Still truncating your backups in 2014 :LOL: