Xbox 720 New Specs Leak Rumor.

XPG Darkside Mar 3, 2013

1. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Microsoft is still not saying anything officially about their plans for the successor to the Xbox 360. That hasn't stopped a number of rumors about the console from leaking, however, and the most recent claims involve the next Xbox's processor.

The rumors talk on how AMD is creating the processor for Microsoft.
    The CPU inside the console, code named Durango, has two modules, each with four x86 cores inside, according sources sharing these rumors. Each of those cores reportedly runs on a single thread at 1.6Ghz. Also, the cores each feature "a 32 KB instruction cache (I-cache) and a 32 KB data cache (D-cache), and the 4 cores in each module share a 2 MB level 2 (L2) cache. In total, the modules have 8 hardware threads and 4 MB of L2."

The Xbox 720 CPU apparently has a clock speed of 1.6 Ghz, which is actually half the speed of the cores inside the current Xbox 360. The Xbox 360, launched in 2005, has a PowerPC-based processor with three cores and a clock speed of 3.2 Ghz.

[​IMG]

2. villan4eva

villan4eva Ultimate Ninja!
    95/188

Console:
    Xbox
    I seriously doubt the new CPU has a lower speed then a 360 CPU, whats the point in downgrading? Unless they have a huge amount of RAM and a really clever way of running the processes through there instead of the CPU

3. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Old xbox has 3 cores this has 8 at 1.6GHZ each so that's, 12.8GHZ to my knowledge.

4. Megabuster66

Megabuster66 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Absolutely correct, need to look at the cpu. Kind of like old pcs have 3 ghz, while mine has more cores with 2ghz