[Working] Xbox 360 TO PC(Anvil) Converter!

Barbarac Oct 26, 2013

1. Barbarac

Barbarac Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    How To Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naZ5wseG5KE&feature=youtu.be

[background=#e8eff4]So, They deleted my post over at minecraft forum. So I shall post here. >.>[/size][/background]

[background=#e8eff4]I'd been looking for a 360 -> PC converter for FOREVER... and I tried experimenting with all sorts of stuff, and posted asking for help on many different forums...[/size][/background]

[background=#e8eff4]Today My friend, Javier was all like "Hey did you try this link yet?" [/size][/background]http://sourceforge.net/projects/xboxtopcminecraftconverter/files/v1.3.52.301zip/

[background=#e8eff4]I was like "Um... No o_O" So i try it.. and it FRIKKING WORKED @_@ I don't have to rebuild my stuff[/size][/background]

[background=#e8eff4]There are a few bugs i guess, 1 of them being a lighting issue, which supposedly can be fixed in McEdit.[/size][/background]

[background=#e8eff4]And this was a bug I ran into that wasnt documented in the readme.. but for some reason my main town area 16x16 chunk was turned into a giant ice/jungle... [/size][/background]

[background=#e8eff4]I'll have to mess around with it some more later to see what the heck happened... but yeah! It works!

Edit: Just realized, I guess the author posted about it on rocky's page! But this deserves it's own topic too! :)[/size][/background]

http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/70624-advanced-minecraft-save-extractor/page-5

[background=#e8eff4]Edit 2: Ok, I guess maybe it working was a fluke. No matter WHAT I try now, I can't get it to work, it gives me all sorts of errors. o_O.

Edit 3: I got the tutorial world to work.. .partially. like my first world, it has some random chunks cut out. See this pic![/size][/background]

http://anony.ws/i/2013/10/26/XibhN.png

Edit 4: Ok, so, some interesting news. If i uninstall java (so that the program itself does NOT try to convert it to mcregion), then convert it from "128 mcregion" to "128 mcregion" using SaveConverter.jar... THEN open it using minecraft 1.1... it converts! Then i gradually open it in higher and higher versions till the most recent. and it works! No broken chunks!

2. di

diegoo92 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i'm sorry. Can you explain the steps to converter the xbox map to pc ?? I tried, but still I get broken chunks :(

3. Barbarac

Barbarac Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    When I can get the steps to work 100%, i'll prolly make a video. It's a little bit of trial and error at the moment >_<

Edit: ok i made a video... I'll post it when it's done uploading.

4. di

diegoo92 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks!! :)

5. Barbarac

Barbarac Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
  6. di

diegoo92 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I did the steps, the converter converted the chunks! but in the two maps that convert, the same problem occurred to me, convert the world but in the main city, the chunks were broken and appeared only a small piece, I guess maybe it's because they are buildings complex or something :(

7. TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce CanEH!dian
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    does this work the other way around pc to xbox 360?

8. Barbarac

Barbarac Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    it does NOT do PC to Xbox. oPryzeLP made one though. Check his stuff out.
    @Diego - Try doing a different version of minecraft, try mixing the steps up a little. It's REALLY finicky!

9. di

diegoo92 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I tried to change to a more recent version, I guess maybe it broke the chunk because right there had jungle biome, I saw that the version 1.2.1 insert this biome, I change it but when it opens, it leaves me an error :(

10. Barbarac

Barbarac Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Another thing I've noted.

-On developed worlds you may need to convert it not using 1.1, but using SaveConverter.jar. (From McRegion 128 to McRegion 128) (Yes, McRegion 128 to McRegion 128, that is not a typo) THEN open it in 1.6.4 (or earlier)

-Broken Chunks... seem to be more likely where lots of chests are. Coincidence?

-The new save format seems to work better than the old one.

11. Internet

Internet Gamer
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I've got it uploaded on XPG, look at my profile.

12. Barbarac

Barbarac Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Another observation that I'll have to do further testing on....

My brothers 360 "houses" chunks always seem to get corrupted. (He's not happy xD)

So we thought about it... and wondered why... Our houses are all fine except for his...

We use single chest sorting systems.. He uses double chests.

So i THINK... that double chests mess something up. I'll have to do more testing.. Will post when I get results :)

13. di

diegoo92 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Another thing!!! When I transform the map, some of the pieces that I get to see, when I open it in minecraft are those missing chunks are filled with normal chunks, but when I open it in mcedit nothing appears, asking me if I want to generate chunks :(

This is the map https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/28598881/ME%20world.bin, i couldn't convert it :(

14. wh

whydoihave2register Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks so much for making that tutorial video! Appreciate it. v1.4 is uploaded. Should fix the missing chunk issues I hope! If you happen to test it let me know what bugs you still find.

15. wh

whydoihave2register Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
  16. sc

scuzball Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey :) Thanks for the new update :) Been following this thread heavily. I get the error of "Quickbms.exe has stopped working" when trying to extract? I didn't previously with the world, however the world I have has been updated and i have built stuff that uses the new build height, so that might be why? Not sure :/ Currently playing with it now

17. di

diegoo92 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It happens the same thing scuzball :(

18. sc

scuzball Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Okay so when it came up with "Quickbms.exe has stopped working" I thought I would see what happened after I pressed enter to ALL of them doing that for every numbered .dat file. What happened is it created a world, so I put it into MCEdit to see what happens and and it was a completely random world I had never seen or loaded :/

19. di

diegoo92 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I reload again and no error occurred, also, I can see the world in minecraft, but not in mcedit, it asked me if I want create new chunks :S

20. sc

scuzball Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No matter what I do, I get the QuickBMS error :/ Restarted and 'errthang. Not sure how to fix this new problem "whydoihave2register" :/