Will digital games be available for download in Europe?

BinaryX Nov 10, 2013

1. BinaryX

BinaryX Lifetime Gold XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I get my console on the 23rd of November and was wondering if I could download any of the launch games.
    The Xbox One is not yet released in my region until march 2014...
    I hate Fifa 14 that's what I get with it and will be so disappointed if the marketplace doesn't work when I hook up the console.

I can also order it on game.co.uk but then theres the risks of delay and it's 3-4 business days delivery.

2. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Games order policy.

International Delivery Times & Costs
    Country Method Delivery Time Cost
    Europe Royal Mail 3 to 5 business days £2.95 per order
    Australasia Royal Mail 4 to 6 business days £4.95 per order
    USA & Rest of the World Royal Mail 4 to 6 business days £4.95 per order

Please Note:

Delivery lead times shown are approximate and are not guaranteed.
    Orders placed before 1pm are usually dispatched the same day unless it is a Bank Holiday. Orders placed after 1pm will be dispatched the next working day.
    If you have your order sent by our express delivery service someone at the delivery address will be required to sign for it.
    Express Deliveries on orders placed Monday to Thursday before 1pm are usually delivered the next working day. Orders place on Friday before 1pm will usually be delivered on Monday, unless it is a Bank Holiday.
    We are unable to ship orders outside of the UK over 1000g which would include all hardware orders.
    Please note that orders for TVs will be delivered within 3-5 working days. You will be contacted to arrange a delivery date that is suitable for you. If your order contains a TV and another item please be aware that these will be delivered separately.
    International customers please be aware that we will be unable to refund any postage and packing costs incurred in returning a product to us under our 28 Day Returns policy.
    Standard VAT is charged, where applicable, on all orders shipped. You are responsible for claiming back any VAT that you feel is due to you from your local tax or customs office.

As for the region go's all Xbox Ones are region free out of the box, so I shouldn't see this being a problem just set your local to UK or USA, this may cause issues with the dlc though not to sure on how that works.

3. BinaryX

BinaryX Lifetime Gold XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks DS! Ill buy the digital version then :D

4. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Np bit off Google also found this,,

In addition, anyone importing consoles from other countries will still be able to play any games released in other territories.

Unlike the Xbox 360, the Xbox One will actually launch without any sort of region-locking.

Provided you have the proper power converters, any Xbox One will work anywhere in the world with any officially released game.

As all of the countries impacted by the delay are European, it’s not particularly difficult for early adopters to simply import a console from the revised list of launch countries.

Keep in mind, marketplace purchases will only function with location-specific payment methods, so consider stocking up on pre-paid cards.

5. isnemid

isnemid Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    U can use ireland settings to download its english and € currency.