What The Xbox One Is Missing ...

Bullet Nov 25, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

I have already written an article of my first impressions of the Xbox One and discussed the positive features of the next gen console based on my early thoughts. Now having had the console for 3 days i have found a lot of features are missing or feel incomplete. Has anyone else noticed how hard it is to add a friend on the Xbox One? Maybe its just me and I am starting to see the negatives before i have even given the console a chance, but really adding friends should be as easy to me as saying " Xbox add friend".

[​IMG]

Here are a few basic fundamentals i feel that are missing in the Xbox One and you can add to this if you like guys...

Missing Features:

Recent friends : Why is there not a recent friends list? This could be intergrated into the " feed" so you can see who you last played maybe ?

Add friend: If you have tried adding a friend on the Xbox one you will realise its a real pain. This should be the easiest thing on the xbox.

See whats running: I have noticed that there is no clear way to tell what apps are running in the background, it really needs some sort of indicator for this.

See how much HDD space is left: The HDD is locked away inside the console away from our prying eyes, and yet we have no way of seeing how much room is left on the harddrive.

Friends feature: The whole friends feature on Xbox has been overlooked. Everything about friends is so clumsy to navigate its untrue... The main thing other than games for me is my friends. I want to be able to find a friend instantly , or join them instantly.

The Xbox One doesnt feel like its given any consideration to gamers at all. Its awkward to do the most basic of things with regards to friends and this shouldn't be the case.

Now that you guys have you're consoles for a few days i would like to know what you think before i contact Major Nelson and ask about future updates and what they might bring.

2. Coder123

Coder123 Finnish Modder XPG Developer TeamXPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    recent players* ? im just waiting for my god damn 230v to 110v voltage converter... i already blew my other xbox ones converter cable/box because i didnt know about the voltage differences XD fml

3. KobeJack

KobeJack Newbie
    0/47

What state is HI in the middle rOund on the ends
    Console:
    Xbox
    Everytime your on Bullet your always playing XB1... showoff

4. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    Everytime your on Bullet your always playing XB1... showoff
    :LOL: you expect him to pay 500$ and don't play it?

5. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    This is what we need.

• Access to the HDD so we can see how much space we have left, what happens if your installing a game and it stops half way because you don't know how much is left.

• Support for external storage 500GB won't last long I know MS mentioned this is coming in a update be we need more info on it like when.

• Saves !! Again this go's off the NONE accessibility to the HDD, if we got access to these maybe someone out there can start modding them like on the 360.

• As you touched on above adding friend is a pain in the ass they need to add a simple voice command for this shouldn't be to hard to add in a system update I guess.

• System personalization I know you can add all your fancy color stuff but themes like on the 360 wouldn't go a miss and wallpapers ect, to some this won't matter but I like having a theme on my 360.

• Avatars where the hell have these gone? I know you can customize them on the Xbone but you can't see them on the dash currently.

That's about it and ask him can we get some free gold :LOL:

6. KillerVidz

KillerVidz Rocky BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Is the HDD inside the console? If it is, then someone can take it out, make a sort of connection from the drive to laptop and make a programme to see into the drive and Extract and Inject saves? Hmm :(