weird xbox behavior help could use your input thanks

J74G May 25, 2011

1. J74G

J74G Contributor
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    ok i have a problem with my xbox its an xenon and i have latest dashlaunch and freestyle installed think its the dashlaunch 2.21 cant quite remember sorry but its 100% the latest version of dashlaunch and freestyle and im on 12625 dashboard the problem im getting is when im playing it just switches off not restarts acctually powers off no questions asked for example earlyer i was playing on moded call of the dead and boom just turns off so i turn back on and first thing i do is check my temprature on freestyle and all is normal all in the green or just touching yellow and ive tested just leaving it turned on at freestyle and its fine its only when im in game its like if the game gets the slightest error then boom power off because i do remember enigma saying tht call of the dead xex still had runtime errors so im not trying to flame and it happens with other games too but normally if a game gets slightly glitchy even normaly it would sort its self but nope power off or if a game freezes it will power off man its really anoying hope some of you have some input because at times makes me want to get the hammer out because if im playing a game and i get far i have to save constantly for feer of this lol just wondering could it be something to do with dashlaunch because was fine before thanks guys

2. Bezza

Bezza Naughty but Nice XPG Retired Staff
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    i would say its possibly a gpu error as its seems to only be happening when its running higher graphics as you said it dont turn off if your just on the dash its only when your playing games this is just a thought ;) as i had same type of problems with my old jtag and a reflow sorted it out

3. J74G

J74G Contributor
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ok do you think it may have something to do with the options i chose in dashlaunch when i instaled it? because i remember it saying something about reboot on non critical crash or something along those lines as want to try and avoid re flow any suggestions wht i could check first

4. Bezza

Bezza Naughty but Nice XPG Retired Staff
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    ive not used dashlaunch as ive not ran no new games on my jtag for a while but it maybe your dashlaunch settings. hopefully others who use dashlaunch may beable to help. by what youve said theys a possibility is could be a software problem. sorry i couldnt be more help on the dashlaunch settings. i think theys a tutorial on here what the settings should be posted by madasahat

5. J74G

J74G Contributor
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    thanks bezza for the usefull info ill haave a look

6. madasahat

madasahat Official XPG Spastic
    155/188

Console:
    Computer
    set dashlaunch to freeze on errors then you can rule dashlaunch out to be the problem if the jtag freezes when playing call of the dead