Tags:

[UPDATED] The Next Call of Duty is Black Ops "IIII" ?

Grizzy Mar 8, 2018

1. Grizzy

Grizzy
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator
    55/94

[​IMG]

It’s probably no surprise to you that a new Call of Duty title is on its way this year. But it might be surprising to you that Activision has apparently enlisted the help of an NBA superstar to intentionally leak the next COD game. Or maybe this isn’t surprising to you at all given the long list of celebrities that have been a part of past call of duty games.

The hat that James Harden is wearing here on his way to beat the Rockets Tuesday night looks like it has the Call of Duty: Black Ops III logo on it...but with an added line or Roman numeral "one". The full camo outfit is a nice touch too...

Kotaku has since confirmed that Harden is indeed rocking a hat with the official call of duty black ops IIII logo. Not IV as “4” in Roman numerals is typically written... Is this a single intentional leak? Or is this the start of some sort of viral marketing campaign that Activision is rolling out? We'll have to wait and see.

But this hat was just the icing on the cake of leaked COD info over the past 24 hours. Eurogamer was the first to drop info about the next COD being a follow-up to Black Ops III, citing a Tweet from an “industry insider.” This insider claimed that Black Ops IIII (it feels silly writing "four" like that...) is indeed in development, and that a version for the Switch is also in the works!

Kotaku has since confirmed via their own sources that the info from that industry insider is also true.

It has also been rumored by multiple sources that this potential Black Ops IIII is being developed by Treyarch (the studio behind the first three games) and will also be set in the near future.

How do you guys feel about this? Did you like the direction the last Call of Duty title went in (the past), or are you looking forward to getting back to the futurist tech of Black Ops?

Update: March 8th, 11:00am PST

Black Ops IIII has been officially announced!

Global launch: October 12, 2018

Community reveal event: May 17, 2018

Will be available for PC, Consoles, and....Switch? (Still don’t know yet on that)

Call of Duty on Twitter

Last edited: Mar 8, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. emperor515

emperor515 Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Another movie-shooter? If this is a "game"... **** that! :)

3. Ravanofdarkness

Ravanofdarkness XBL Points dealer
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hated the Campaign in Black Ops III and honestly am glad we ditched the Jetpack trash, can't say i'm gonna be picking this Game up if they bring it back.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Deh Deh

Deh Deh Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    lol I agree with you.. I personally like cod ww2..it was a change of pace and got me missing the old COD Games where jetpacks weren't involved. I couldn't get into cod infinite warfare,to me it was just another advanced warfare mix with blackops 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. milldogtjm

milldogtjm TeamXPG For Life Lifetime Gold
    55/94

A Student of Gaming
    Console:
    Xbox
    Damit this is too soon for them to have another version for this series; The one series they need to work on is Call of Duty Ghosts because they left the game at a cliffhanger. So that makes me wonder where the story will go from there. As for the Black Ops series the only good part so far has been the Multiplayer Zombies or at least for me.

• Like Like x 1