Update on GTA Online Cheaters and Modded RP

TheDevilGirl May 25, 2014

1. TheDevilGirl

TheDevilGirl Newbie
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox One
    Question: I heard that Rockstar Games is taking action against players who cheated to gain illegitimate RP. is this
    this true?

Answer: in order to keep Grand Theft Auto Online fair for everyone, we are removing illegitimate RP from the accounts of players who hacked or modded to ahead.

Question: Is this a one-time RP correction or an ongoing process to identify cheaters who cheat to gain level?

Answer: Both. The first round of RP correction will occur on 5/20/14 to remove illegitimate RP all the way back to GTA Online's launch in October 2013. After that, we will be running continual, automated sweeps to identify and correction violations.

Question: How much RP will be removed from affected accounts?

Answer: We currently plan revert the Ranks of affected accounts back to the approximate level they were before violations occurred.

Question: My little brother's cousin's best friend was visiting my house in December 2013 and somehow did something that increased my Rank to 1000. I had noting to do with it So I don't mind the Rank correction, but will, my account face any other action?

Answer: We don't plan on taking further action beyond RP reduction when first round of correction hits on 5/20/14 for players whose accounts show limited modification. But please be warned: accounts found to be hacking or modding to generate illegitimate amounts of RP after 5/20/14 will be subject to further action at our discretion, such as time in the Cheater Pool or Bad Sport Pool. Repeat offenders may also have their accounts reset, experience bans, or have all their GTA$ removed (other than unspent Shark Card funds).

Question: Will corrected accounts still to keep money and other items gained since the violations?

Answer: Yes. In the first wave of corrections, only RP will be affected. GTA$ and other items will not be affected. However, accounts that incur RP violations after 5/20/14 may face further action.

Question: I gained a ton of RP in 2013 without hacking or modding. by taking advantage of certain mission bugs and exploits before they were fixed. Will my RP be adjusted?

Answer: Your RP should be only be adjusted if you participated in mods. hack, DNS redirects, manipulation of cloud files, or other similarly nefarious behaviour. If you grinded short legitimate missions or otherwise gained a small amount of RP without modding, your RP should not be affected by this correction. this took me while to do it :D

2. D33J

D33J The 1
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    What link ?

3. deltan9ne024

deltan9ne024 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i dont know what all this ban and reset talk is... look at my sig. updated it yesterday and just checked my PSN and XBL accounts and they are both good

4. TheDevilGirl

TheDevilGirl Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Come help I having problem with link I can't copy and past I trying to make my post sticky
    Man then it look like I going to have to retype it now it probably going to take 1 hour to do it I will do it now

it been done :D

5. imcool875

imcool875 Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    My rank got reset. Lost 100 levels. Got a splash screen that said something about obtained rp through mods blah blah blah.

6. TheDevilGirl

TheDevilGirl Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    You shouldn't joined dns lobby in first place....