1. ba

bakana56 Newbie
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi,

I'm a complete noob to this game save hex editing thing. I read most of the posts I could find on here and google search. I have also realized that I might have chosen possibly the most impossible game to hex edit. But i'm stubborn So I'm looking for any help anyone may be able to lend me. Mostly looking for advice. I'm using Hex Workshop and I have several saves of my progress along UFC 3 for both the career mode and ultimate fights mode. I have completed it all manually, I deleted that save and kept back ups of my saves as I progressed to finishing them again. Whenever I hex edit the game save the game always says the flle is corrupt. I'm guessing this is due to the check sum. I systematically calculated all the different check sums that hex editor can, which is not a small amount, and I have worked through each one. Everytime I made a change, I attempted to satisfy one of the checksums till I ran out. I've exhausted the list of checksums and all attempts were failures. Does anyone else have any ideas? There has got to be some way to hex edit this thing, I just need some outside the box ideas that I can try and see what happens.

2. RIPxKILLSxALL

RIPxKILLSxALL Meat Popsicle Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Are you using a Hex converter to find values? Also some games are extremely hard to hex edit because the data is encrypted and it has to be decrypted it to find any values...

3. ba

bakana56 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm well versed in hex conversion, i'm a programmer by trade. True there can be some sought of encryption but my thought on that was that if there were encryption there would have been some JTAG person or someone with modded xbox that would have been able to find the encryption on the disk itself and we'd have that already. But then again that would take the assumption someone wanted to spend the time doing that. I've seen modded gamesave files out there, so someone has had to figure it out somehow.