Tags:

[TUTORIAL] How to set up your JTAG/RGH for Stealth (or equivelant)

Runn1ngM0uth Jul 31, 2013

1. Runn1ngM0uth

Runn1ngM0uth Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ok, so I figured I'd make a quick (omg I'm still working on this) tutorial on how to set up your JTAG/RGH for XBLS, EXBLS, Titan, etc.

Note that I am NOT responsible for anything you may do to your XBOX!

Things you'll need:

Step 1.) Identify Your Current Dashboard

This may be the most important step. Boot up your 360, and go to the "Settings" tab. Click "System", and again into "Console Settings". Scroll down to the bottom until the green bar highlights "System Info".

To the right, you will see:

Current Setting
    Dashboard: 2.0.XXXXX.0

The numerals that would otherwise make up the red X's is your current dashboard. Make sure it is the absolute latest! If you already have the latest dash, as well as the avatars installed, skip to Step 4.

Note: At the time of writing (7/30/13), the latest dash is 16203.

Step 2.) Updating your Dashboard / Image

For the purposes of this tutorial, we will be using J-Runner. Grab your original Nand Dump, and place it somewhere easy to find, like a folder on your desktop. Open J-Runner, and if any updates are available (indicated by a green flashing "New Version Available" tab). Refer to the image at the end of this step for visual confirmation if necessary...

1. Load your original Nand Dump
    2. Copy / Paste / Enter (whatever) your CPUkey
    3. Select your image "type" options (see notes)
    4. Select the latest Dash
    5. Click "Create Image" (see notes)
    6. Click "Show Working Folder"
    7. Select "updflash.bin" and drag it onto a USB drive
    8. Plug the USB Drive into the 360, and boot to XeLL
    [​IMG]

Note: It's important to know what kind of hack your xbox uses to run unsigned code. If JTAG, you need to be SURE of the wiring config. Select "Aud_Clamp" if you have that particular config, otherwise, default is original wiring. If you're NOT sure, then FIND OUT OR DON'T FLASH!!!

Also, if you have a Phat RGH, it's important to know whether you are using RGH or RGH2. If you're NOT sure, then FIND OUT OR DON'T FLASH!!!

Note2: Its important to ALWAYS know your motherboard type. If you're NOT sure, then FIND OUT OR DON'T FLASH!!!

You will now see XeLL doing its thing. It will first READ updflash.bin from the USB Drive. This can sometimes take awhile, especially for those who have Big Block NAND's (larger than 16mb). DO NOT power off the 360, or unplug the USB Drive!!! <--------- I cannot stress this enough! Doing so MAY BRICK your 360 FOREVER!!! XeLL will start to flash updflash.bin to the NAND. When it is finished, it will absolutely let you know!! It will tell you somthing to the tune of "Writing finished. Unplug USB device and power off". I advise you to follow XeLL's instructions...

After flashing and powering off, I like to unplug the 360 from the back, and let it sit for 5 - 10 seconds. This allows the SMC to fully reset. If for some reason you are coming from a different SMC version, not doing this could cause the SMC to become corrupt, resulting in possible hardware failure.

After your waiting period is over, plug your 360 back in, cross your fingers, and power it up. If it doesn't, see the "Troubleshooting" section at the end of this post. If it booted, then Congratulations!! You win an updated 360 and an opportunity to follow the next three steps!

But first, follow the "First Run" sequence on the dashboard. Don't worry, you'll only have to do this once, unless you've done it before. In which case, Welcome to the club! Now, it's time to install the Avatar Update.

Step 3.) Install the Avatar Update

This comes in the form of a full blown System Update. Dont be afraid, as long as your now on thwe latest Dash, it will NOT blow an efuse or increment your LDV. Instead, it will install the Avatar Update data. It will look like it's doing a full System Update, but it's not.

Extract the Update I provided to the desktop, and unrar it. Put it on the root of your USB Drive, and plug it into your 360. You should get a message saying an update was found. Accept it! Once finished, you should see Avatars on the dash.

Step 4.) Setting Up
    Okay. We're on the latest Dash, we have Avatar Updates installed. Now we need to set up all the files necessary to get on XBLS / EXBLS / Titan etc.. XBLS files can be obtained from him directly, however, I have linked both XBLS and EXBLS files up at the top. Extract the rar to the desktop, and get ready to put some files on your USB Drive. Edit CPUkey.bin with a hex editor to match the CPUkey of the KV you wish to use. If the KV you wish to use is already in the NAND image

Copy XBLStealth.xex, xbdm.xex, launch.ini, and CPUkey.bin (as well as the KV.bin if necessary) to the USB Drive to copy to the root of the Hdd, or transfer them using the Xbox Neighborhood to the root of the Hdd.

Step 4.) Running your box on LIVE
    Congrats! You've made it, almost...

Before finally going online, I recommend a few housecleaning steps to ensure safety.

1. Change your router's MAC address (if possible) Remember to find out what your current IP is before changing your MAC. Check again afterwards to ensure it has changed.
    2. Disconnect your retail boxes from the internet as running modded boxes CAN result in all 360 consoles connected using the same IP getting banned. Permanently. (Unless you know their CPUkeys) ;)
    3. Make sure you are absolutely ready to start before you sign on using a PAID server as time starts ticking the moment you sign on. Test whatever tools you plan on using OFFLINE first. This can be done by keeping a seperate launch.ini (without the PAID server listed as a plugin) on that USB drive you used ;) Remember that launch.ini on USB always takes priority.
    4. Also, most tools require having an Xbox SDK installed on your pc. Make sure you install this. (google is your friend, sometimes)

Now go online, you crazy fool!

Troubleshooting - Coming Soon!

Edit 1 - 7/31/13 (Fixed Number / Bullet points. Fixed Image not showing)

2. begallegal1

begallegal1 Medicine Man Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Excellent TUT, great share!! ;)

3. Runn1ngM0uth

Runn1ngM0uth Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thank you :)

4. he

henry winkler Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    this should be pinned
    thanks for the awesome tutorial

5. BiGBudZ

BiGBudZ SiR Sm0k3s ALOT
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I agree :boobs:

6. XPGSaints

XPGSaints XPG Donator Lifetime Gold BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    That's excellent, great work mate ;)

7. freestylee

freestylee Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for this. Great TuT

8. Runn1ngM0uth

Runn1ngM0uth Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thank you everyone for the positive feedback! This could also use some constructive criticism. Aside from looking at the dash and runner for reference, this was all done from memory, so I'm sure there's PLENTY of room for improvement.

If anything at any point is difficult to follow, or if I missed anything, PLEASE let me know so it can be fixed ;)

9. LOBSHEAD

LOBSHEAD So far gone , dont know the way back !
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thank You mate this is just what i needed ! but could some plz post a copy of there launch.ini what they know is working for XBLS! Bcoz im still having problems, i know people are saying that iuf you have done everything that is said to do and your console still turns off/reboot that the server is down or full ! but i had the same issue the server was was online last time for EXBLS ! ? any help much appreciated

10. Gu

Gudz Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I was on and connected last night.
    Here is the launch.ini that I had set up and working.
    Code:
    [QuickLaunchButtons]
    But_x = Hdd:\Content\0000000000000000\C0DE9999\00080000\C0DE99990F586558
    Default =

[Plugins]
    plugin1 = Hdd:\XBLStealth.xex
    plugin2 = Hdd:\XRPC.xex
    plugin3 = Hdd:\xbdm.xex

[Settings]
    pingpatch = true
    contpatch = false
    fatalreboot = true
    regionspoof = true
    dvdexitdash = false
    xblaexitdash = false
    fatalfreeze = false
    nxemini = true
    noupdater = true
    exchandler = false
    debugout = false
    liveblock = false
    livestrong = false
    remotenxe = false
    signnotice = true
    devlink = false

11. Runn1ngM0uth

Runn1ngM0uth Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    This one works for me. If everything is done right, your kv may be banned...

EDIT: Looks like Gudz beat me to it :ninja:

Attached Files:

12. Bu

Bullet Guest

I have a type 2 KV for sale in the selling section f the site ;)

13. Gu

Gudz Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    If I can't change my MAC address how long should I leave my retails unplugged from my router? Just while the RGH is online or should I leave the retails unplugged for longer? I had a VPN set up last night and can't seem to get it working on my PC again as my IP wont change for some reason. I just want to mod my BO1 and MW3 stats on my new account I don't care to play online with mods.

14. LOBSHEAD

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    thankyou for the launch.ini , i have copied all the settings exactly and still get the console turn off , and then i have to manually reboot! i will make video of all settings and procedure if this helps ! i am willing to paypal 10gb pounds to n e one that solves this issue for me . I know it is something simple , or even the server is offline , but since EXBLS has been released i have never been able to connect :(

15. BiGBudZ

BiGBudZ SiR Sm0k3s ALOT
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm pretty sure that happens to everyone, I keep hearing about people using EXBLS but I have yet to get it to work or know of anyone who is actually on it when I talk to them, they are constantly being ddos'd from what I understand, so thats probably the reason no one can ever connect.

16. Gu

Gudz Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I would say the servers are down as I just tested for you and I can no longer connect either. It just hangs at the logo when booting.

17. LOBSHEAD

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    right , so all settings are correct then ! but just server issues then ?! Thanks to everyone whos replied , and sorry for hammering all of the threads about EXBLS , I Just feel like a class A noob coz i cant get it to work! 50 pounds down the line and still the same thing?! Knowing my luck , the first kv i bought is still fine but just doin summin stupid wrong?! i understand the server is up and down due to the XBLS team dossing the server, i only keep asking questions cos ive never managed to get on ! Thanks again guys! XPG FTW

18. LOBSHEAD

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for the comfirmation mate , i will keep everything the same and keep trying :) ONE LOVE

19. egiados

egiados Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    XBLS link down, please link up!!

20. su

superraj Newbie
    0/47

please help me i cant able to do