Turning Your Xbox One Into A Dev Kit With The Push Of Some Buttons

dopesoner930 Dec 2, 2013

1. dopesoner930

dopesoner930 XPG Team Media
    85/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Thank you to one of my subscribers “NativeMODS” for messaging me with a link to something very interesting. Apparently every Xbox One has the ability to become a dev kit by simply the press of a 4 button combination on the controller under the settings screen.
    “Left bumper, right bumper, left trigger, right trigger”

Although this seems to have been intended by M$ I am sure it will only be a matter of time for this to become patched. Perhaps this discovery will help in the quicker release of an exploit allowing for unsigned code to be installed to the system, ultimately kick starting the home brew scene.
    Link to original news source:
    http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/12/you-probably-shouldnt-use-this-button-combo-to-turn-your-xbox-one-into-a-dev-kit/

2. Se

SexyDev Queen of Darkness
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Could you please post a video of this working or have someone test it and verify. Thanks!

3. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    ooo shi* X1 just got more holes in it. lol

4. FatPat666

FatPat666 ѪĴůğğäĽŏҲҲƉƴĻȺNѪ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    be cool to see what people do with this

5. dopesoner930

dopesoner930 XPG Team Media
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    If I had an xbox one believe me I would but i actually havnt been able to get my hands on one. Hoping somebody else with one can confirm this.

6. Xatoku

Xatoku Good News Everyone! Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
  7. no

nobody1148 i like rocks Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox One
    its works just did it lol too bad don't know what this is lol

8. BinaryX

BinaryX Lifetime Gold XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The console will need serverside permission to use the devkit menu's features. It's useless without a unsigned console + patch.

9. Homura

Homura Creator of Avalon XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    85/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah everything that has been done so far on xbox one is all pointless, it will still take time for TX etc. to figure everything out and get a working exploit, and MS can always patch it or do something nasty that will hurt all the regular consumers which we don't want and still before even getting to them doing that nonsense the modders will need to ACTUALLY make a working exploit, just having nand dumps etc. doesn't mean anything if you don't know what to do with it, now TX and a few others actually know what to do with them for xbox 360 at least, now they have to figure out how to do the same or something better for the xbox one. Which we all know they can do it but it will take some time.

How long is it going to take? Possibly a year or more. In that time frame everyone will have no other choice then to buy their own games, yeah MS promised that every console can be a devkit but it is worthless without the XDK and proper permissions lol. Just because you can hit some button combo's to get to dev menu doesn't mean you can run unsigned code etc. So while this is a nice little treat it is quite frankly worthless until an exploit is made.

Now there are some guys that release their exploit sources (seen it for ps3 anyways and xbox 360) Jrunner source isn't hard to obtain, same with all the other tools that deal with nand dumping/modifying. They allow us to learn from what they have done and come up with our own exploits, do people actually do that? Nope, but having the knowledge is in my opinion good to have and is probably good to put to use as long as you have the skill and time to do it. Seeing how the older tools for 360 work on the xbox one I am quite concerned that no one besides tx and a few others actually put those old sources to use on the xbox one which I believe everyone who wants modding for xbox one to happen should be doing it themselves and at least helping by sharing what your able to get and figure out, that way an exploit can happen faster and most likely for free instead of people charging tons of cash and we see the first modded xbox one console being sold for over 3k which would be ridiculous. But it will happen as people are lazy and rather wait for someone else to do it for them and then pay for it, while that is an option I believe a better one would be to learn and do it yourself. I am going through those source codes and seeing how to put them to use, but in all honesty it will still take years to do. Also for those that only want to run unsigned code for getting free games you do realize what your doing right? Your basically making it so those developers don't get money and that is bad. I agree with downloading games to test if you will like them and then buy the games but not just downloading the games and playing them till you beat them a few times and got bored and don't bother to support the developers. Anyway that is my rant so feel free to be immature and mock/troll it and I will just lol at you.