Title Update Issues

jory4u2nv Aug 13, 2012

1. jo

jory4u2nv Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi,

I've just started installing Title Updates on my USB and a lot of them worked fine. However, some of the TUs I tried to to inject to my USB are just showing up with the name and size of the TU and the Icon of the game is empty. For example, my Tales of Vesperia save on my USB shows up with an icon but after injecting the TU for this game, the TU shows up together with the save file but the icon is now gone. I'm not sure if this is ok or if it means that the TU did not work. I have deleted all of the other TUs that I installed that has a blank icon on my USB because I don't think they are working. Is there any way for me to know if the TU is working or if it is even compatible to my system? I need to update my older games like Fallout 3 and Forza 3 if possible, but the TUs for these games both have blank icons so I deleted them as well.

Thanks!

2. AD

ADDZ Guest

When the icon is gone that's OK but for not working it might be region locked, have a look at your game ID to make sure you have the right TU for your system.

Sometimes leave your USB in your PC a bit longer and close the program you use before unplugging the USB.

3. jo

jory4u2nv Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi ADDZ, thanks for the speedy reply. Actually, I'm not sure if the TUs are working or not, I just assumed that it's not if the icon is gone so I deleted those TUs. Anyway, I'll try to test each game and see if they do work.

4. le

lefos Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Jory -

The icon is not required for the TU to work. Please verify the region of the TUs you download, and ensure they go in the right folder(Content\0000000000000000\<TITLEID>\000B0000\) Then copy it to your hard drive and it should work fine

5. Pobatti

Pobatti Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You'll know if there's a problem with the actual file, since the XBox360 will actually display 'corrupted file' in the file manager. This is because each file has a hash signature to ensure it's both valid and complete. If the hash-value doesn't match to what it should be (which will occur when a file isn't properly copied or has been altered some way) the file will appear to be corrupt.

If the update still isn't working, there are three possible causes:

1 - The patch is conflicting with another patch on your system (delete previous patches)
    2 - The patch is for the wrong MEDIA ID version of your game:

To find the MEDIA ID of your physical disk, look underneath the disk at the central hub. In the correct light, you'll see a holographic number near the spindle hole. This is your MEDIA ID, and consists of letters and numbers. When downloading from XBUC, you can see the MEDIA ID of all the updates so you can select the correct one.

3 - The patch may not be placed in the correct location on your USB stick:

Some patches are designed to go in your CACHE partition, others are meant to be stored in another folder under where it can be seen in the file manager along with your game saves and installations. The easy way to do this is to use Horizon, since that program can detect where the patch files need to be and automatically put them in the right place. You can use USB XTAF, but you'd need to do this all yourself and can take some trial and error before you get certain patches working.

6. jo

jory4u2nv Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thank you for all the replies guys, I do use Horizon for transferring the updates. I tried XTAF but I found it was much easier to use Horizon. I also always download either the NTSC-J or RF patches (my console is NTSC-J). I'll try again and confirm if the updates work. I have installed quite a few (Skyrim, Dark Souls, FFXIII-2, UMVC3 and SFxTekken) which all work fine. There was one update though that was showing up in my file manager as "unknown game", it was an update for Gears of War 2, not sure though if it was the correct region that I installed.