Titanfall doesn’t contain single-player!

XPG Darkside Jun 22, 2013

1. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Titanfall doesn’t contain a single-player campaign because only a small percentage of players will finish the mode.

Speaking with GI International, Respawn studio head Vince Zampella said it takes a seperate team months to create such a campaign, and if no virtually one will finish it, there’s no point.

Plus, the studio is rather “small startup,” with only “60-some developers.

“We make these single-player missions that take up all the focus of the studio, that take a huge team six months to make, and players run through it in eight minutes,” said Zampella.

“And how many people finish the single-player game? It’s a small percentage. It’s like, everyone plays through the first level, but 5% of people finish the game.

[​IMG]

“Really, you split the team. They’re two different games. They’re balanced differently, they’re scoped differently. But people spend hundreds of hours in the multiplayer experience versus ‘as little time as possible rushing to the end’ [in single-player]. So why do all the resources go there?

“To us it made sense to put it here. Now everybody sees all those resources, and multiplayer is better. For us it made sense.”

Titanfall is coming to PC, Xbox 360 and Xbox One in early 2014.

Source VG247.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2013
  2. PlaguedEmbrace

PlaguedEmbrace Don Pellucci - SS
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Interesting

3. Co

Cozzie7 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Their basing this percentage of people finishing campaigns on Call of Duty. And all because COD is a noob full multiplayer.90% of COD players have between a 0 and 3000 Gamerscore. All because COD is so easy to play online. I personally would of preferred a single player but the game still looks good.

4. Mr SillySquid

Mr SillySquid Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    30/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thats crap a single campaign would of been excellent, but i must say MP looks amazing

5. ih

ihatepikeys Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <span style="font-family:'comic sans ms', cursive;">Game looks great but if no single player ill give this one a miss. Multi player is great but im more into the single player story or co op modes then multi player only. And to follow up on Cozzie7, I totally agree how can you base making any game on cod when a 4 year old can play it straight out the box! So end of the day another great looking game will fall short of the mark due to stupid developers and marketing teams:( well done<span style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-size:13px;">Respawn well done indeed</span></span>

6. Ma

MalikKb Guest

They had to work with what they had. I respect their efforts on this game. It looks nice and looks like it implements the parkour elements seamlessly into the gameplay. I will be picking this up.