XPGSaints Jul 13, 2013

1. XPGSaints

XPGSaints XPG Donator Lifetime Gold BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Complete Halo 4 "How to" guide to unlock all stances

[​IMG]

!! I know Halo 4 came out for a moment but I found some informations on how to unlock stances. !!

All unlockable stances:

Assassin - You have to be SR-32
    Assault - Complete the "First Strike" commendation [Master]
    Believe - Complete the "Forerunner Ordnance Mastery" commendation [Master]
    Breach - Complete the "UNSC Ordnance Mastery" commendation [Master]
    Heroic - You have to be SR-10
    Last Stand - You have to be SR-50
    Recruit - Default stance
    Standoff - Complete the "Covenant Ordnance Mastery" commendation [Master]

The Guide

Breach:

Sticky Detonator: This is a fairly common weapon appearing basicly on small maps like Adrift, Abandon, and Haven. It can be found on other maps and in you ordnace drops.
    Recommended Game mode: Regicide and Infinity slayer

Rocket launcher: This classic heavy weapon spawn frequently in large maps like Exile and Longbow. You can also play Rock n' Rail and Team Fiesta (Action Sack)
    Recommended Game mode: Action Sack

Spartan Laser: This heavy weapon is a rare one. It can be found on Ragnarok and Longbow.
    You can also play Team Fiesta.
    Recommended Game mode:

SAW: The SAW is a very common weapon that drops on Exile and Longbow but appears frequently in personal ordinance. It can be obtained on almost every map. Game types I recommend are Infinity slayer, BTB and Dominion.

Rail Gun: The Rail (one of my favorite) spawns on many maps such as Longbow, Ragnarok, and Complex. It can be hard to use sometimes. Get some experiance!
    Recommended Game mode: Big Team Battle, Infinity Slayer and Action Sack

Shotgun: The shotgun is like the sniper, so simple. It can appear in some maps (I don't actually know all) but it's recommended to play in flood but not limited to.
    Recommended Game mode: Flood and Action Sack

Sniper: Like the shotgun, the sniper have his own game mode, Team Snipers. It spawns on large maps such as Ragnarok and you can have it in you ordnance drops.
    Recommended Game mode: Team Sniper, Big Team Battle, Infinity Slayer and Action Sack

Standoff:

Fuel Rod: This one is hard to find. It spawns under the bridge, right by the Scorpion on Exile. The Rod can spawns in a cave on Longbow.
    Recommended Game mode:

Energy Sword: It spawns in the middle on Adrift when you play Infinity slayer and Regicide. Honestly, the best and sure way to have kills with it is to play Griftball and Team Fiesta.
    Recommended Game mode: Griftball and Action Sack

Gravity Hammer: I will not make it long. 99% of time you will use it in Griftball.
    Recommended Game mode: Griftball

Concussion Rifle: This one is the hardest one because you need to hit your enemy with tree bullets and you will have to use it wisely. It also rarely spawns on maps except Exile. Available in ordnance drops. You can have it in Infinity Slayer and Big Team Battle of course but you will have 100× more chance to have it in Team Fiesta.

Beam Rifle: This ones mostly appears in personal ordinance. Play Infinity Slayer and Bing Team Battle for the most kills (10 headshot kills). Team Snipers is my number one choice but there is only one on each maps so make sure you will gonna be the first to get it.
    Recommended Game mode: Team Snipers

Needler: This one spawn frequently on almost all maps. Haven, Adrift and Abandon being the best maps for it. I recommend Infinity slayer and Regicide for game types.
    Recommended Game mode:

Believe:

Binary Rifle: The Binary rarely spawn on Ragnarok, Meltdown, and Vortex. Like the Incineration Cannon, I don't know if it's available in ordnance drops. You will have it in Team Fiesta and Binary Slayer gametypes.

Scattershot: This shotgun basicly spawn on Haven, Adrift, Abandon. It can be available in ordnance drops.

Incineration Cannon: This weapon spawns mostly on Meltdown, Solace, and Vortex. I don't know if it's available in ordnance drops. You can take a chance to get it in Dominion game mode or just heads up to Team Fiesta.
    Recommended Game mode:

Author: Me
    Source: Used some informations and in-game informations

Gamemodes informations:

Action Sack:

Action Sack is a social playlist that is available in Halo 2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach, and Halo 4. 3-4 Players per team with a max party size of 8. All DLC maps including the Heroic, Legendary and Mythic Map Packs are required to play in this playlist. It features many forged maps and many of the default map and the DLC maps.

Action Sack gametypes:

Binary Slayer
    This game mode starts you off with the most overpowered weapon in Halo 4, the Binary Rifle. A one-shot kill sniper rifle that will diminish your target to mere flakes. The game mode also features low gravity, so prolonged, space-like jumps are accounted for.

Lightning CTF
    You start off with a Light Rifle and just like in Binary Slayer, it's a one-shot-kill. Two flags, 5 second respawn and no radar. Best of all, as the flag carrier you'll be able to still wield your rifle as opposed to switching to the flagnum combo(flag + magnum)

Rockets and Rails
    This game mode is pretty simple. Team Deathmatch with Rocket Launcher and Railguns as the starting weapons. On top of that, everyone has a jet pack. This will probably be the most chaotic.

Team Fiesta
    This one is a Halo classic. It's a free-for-all gametypes with random starting weapons. You may start out with a sniper and rockets or a plasma pistol and the SAW, totally random.
    Source: http://www.at7addak.com
    Author: Shanklish
    Author profile: http://www.at7addak.com/profile.aspx?uid=484
    [/spoiler]

Tips for completing the Covenant Ordnance Mastery commendaiton

Author: Sumo314
    Author profile: https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_profile454091.aspx
    Source: https://forums.halowaypoint.com

Okay so I've been going for the covenant ordnance mastery commendation for awhile now and I've just completed my fourth mastered weapon out of six overall. I thought I'd just like to share some tips for people that are also trying to go for this commendation (since the unlock for this commendation is the sweet "stand off" stance). To complete the commendation you need to master the following weapons:

-Gravity Hammer
    -Energy Sword
    -Concussion Rifle
    -Needler
    -Beam Rifle
    -Fuel Rod Cannon

"So far I've completed the gravity hammer, energy sword, needler, and beam rifle. I'm working on the concussion rifle at the moment which is probably the hardest weapon to use out of all six. Here's some tips and methods that I'm using at the moment to master these weapons."
    - Sumo319

Gravity Hammer and Energy Sword

These two are definitely the easiest weapons to master if you play grifball. Since you spawn with both the gravity hammer and the energy sword, it removes the annoying aspect of obtaining the weapon in the first place. In my experience of playing grifball, most players use the gravity hammer as their main weapon which is a nuisance if you're trying to get sword kills. It's not awful however; usually I could get around 30-60 gravity hammer kills per game while getting around 15-25 sword kills per game. This is a pretty quick way to level up the weapons, mine were both maxed within a few hours.

Beam Rifle

This was the second weapon that I went for in the list. I played solely team snipers to get my kills. The beam rifle doesn't appear in your loadout however, it'll spawn in a few maps. The beam rifle will not spawn in the gametype "shotty snipers", so always vote for the gametype "snipers". Since there's only one beam rifle on the map, it'll cause competition to grab the weapon since it's easier to get kills with it compared to the sniper rifle in my opinion. The beam rifle can get really easy snapshots so I advise that you do that if they're in close range (killing an enemy while not scoped). Here's a list of the maps that have the beam rifle and it's location (remember only under the regular "sniper" gametype):

-Abandon: Back of map in one of the facilities. Right after you go through the bigger orange man cannon lift.
    -Haven: back of map on an inclined platform.
    -Ragnarok: Ontop of the middle hill.
    -Shutout: At the top of the sniper tower.
    -Vortex: Main central building to the right of the middle man cannon (facing it). Laying on the ground.

Needler

This one made me rage a bit (can't imagine how mad I'll be when I start grinding the concussion rifle). The needler has a sweet spot range that you need to get used to, or else you wont get kills with it. Also you need to get six needles stuck in your target or else the explosion won't occur. The needles themselves don't do any significant damage, so you need to get a supercombine. If you're too far away or too close to the enemy you won't be able to have the needles track them. If the reticule turns red then you know that the needles will follow the player. Make sure the player is in the open so that the needles won't be obstructed from the environment. Try to always keep the reticule on the player at all times, I wouldn't really recommend leading the shots unless your super close the player in which homing needles won't work. It only spawns with 22 extra needles in the reserve, so be cautious about your ammo. I've found that playing team throwdown is a great option. Most maps have one needler, if not two needlers. Here's a few maps I recommend:

-Dispatch (extraction): There are two needlers in two of the "quadrants" of the map on the ground level. They're opposite sides of each other. Since you play extraction, many players are occupied with the objective. I've played two games on this map and in both games I got 25 needler kills and 3 killing sprees! (I also played the objective too, don't worry)
    -Simplex (anything): There's a needler on the ground level near the "yellow" section of the map.
    -Haven (anything): There are two needlers on this map. On on each side of the map (top floor). The entire map is mirrored with the weapon drops.
    -Shutout (anything): In the room with the man cannon, if you go down the long green hallway there will be a needler on the floor. You can also get to this area through the hole in the ceiling above.

Concussion Rifle and Fuel Rod Cannon

The concussion rifle is probably one the hardest weapons to use. Even the pulse grenades were easier than this (mastered that in a few days). Not only is it's splash damage pretty weak, it's also a rare weapon. Most players usually skip over it in their ordnances so you don't see many on the battlefield. I recommend playing team slayer/ big team slayer to get kills. For the concussion rifle and the fuel rod cannon I suggest that you use the ordnance priority and requisition perks so that you have the highest possible chance of obtaining these weapons. I know that the fuel rod cannon will spawn on Exile in big team slayer near the tank side of the map, but besides that I don't believe that these weapons spawn anywhere else on any of the maps (correct me if I'm wrong).

Ordnance priority will help you get your ordnances faster and requisition will allow you to re-roll your ordnance if you don't like what you got. I also recommend to play with a friend that also uses the same perks. If he's kind enough he'll let you take his ordnances so that you have double the chance to get the weapons that you need.

The concussion rifle has horrible splash damage as I already said. Therefore, you need to directly impact the enemy three times in order to score a kill with it. I believe you receive 12 shots with it (haven't used it in awhile), so try to make every shot count. The fuel rod gun is pretty powerful and isn't that troublesome getting kills with it. Just remember that the shots are able to bounce off the ground sometimes. Both weapons' projectiles follow a parabolic path, meaning that they drop over longer distances. Try to use these weapons in close quarters where you have a solid chance of getting kills.

2. xpghax

xpghax Gold Section Mod/Uploader
    205/282

Console:
    Other
    very nice,clean tut mate ;) nice one !

3. paul9166

paul9166 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks M8 ;)

4. XPGSaints

XPGSaints XPG Donator Lifetime Gold BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You're welcome mate! And if you are interested, I invite you to take a look on my Blog, I added a Binary Rifle quickscope guite/tutorial.
    If you have any ideas for the next guide, let me know!