The Hybrid Weapons/Equipment FAQ

lavaguy96 Nov 1, 2012

1. lavaguy96

lavaguy96 Slayer Of 32Bit
    0/47

Console:
    Other
    I see the same questions coming up over and over again, so I thought I'd take a little time out from modding to put together this (at this time, short) list of frequently asked questions and answers in an attempt to combat the 'fuster cluck' happening on this area of the board as of late. So, here goes...​

The Hybrid Weapons/Equipment FAQ

Q. What are hybrid weapons/equipment?

A. Hybrid is a term used to signify that a weapon or piece of equipment is made up of parts from multiple different guns or equipment, and usually has parts in places they do not belong. Example: A pistol with a shotgun barrel in an accessory slot.

Q. What are the differences between weapons/equipment that are hybrids and those that are simply 'modded?'

A. In addition to what was stated in the above Q&A, hybrids must be edited into your bank/vault so that they are not deleted when you load the game. Something that's just 'modded' can be treated as normal, since it was made in a way the game expects. In other words, something 'modded' could possibly be obtained by normal means, so the game doesn't see a problem with it, and simply leaves it alone.​

Q. Why do people make/use hybrid weapons and equipment?

A. Because in general the stats are far higher than the stats of anything you could find normally in the game, and/or to have weapons that shoot abnormal ammo types. (Ex.: An assault rifle that fires rockets.)

Q. Can I get banned from the online servers for using hybrid weapons/equipment?

A. The general consensus is that you will only get banned if someone reports you, giving Gearbox a reason to check in on what you're doing on their servers. You're probably more likely to be banned for modding yourself above level cap (if you're into that sort of thing), but that's something else entirely.​

Q. Are there any hybrid weapons/equipment that will 'stick' in my inventory or equip slots, i.e. ones that do not have to be in the bank when I load my game?

A. No. At this time there is no publicly known method to make hybrid weapons 'stick'.

Q. What do I need to be able to use the weapon and equipment codes posted on these forums? / What do I need to get started with making my own hybrid weapons and equipment?

A. First, if you're not playing on PC, you need a way to move your save file from your gaming console to your PC. For Xbox 360 and PS3 the best way is with a USB storage device with your game save on it. For Xbox 360, I recommend the program Horizon to transfer your save file to your PC. Google it. The only other thing you need is Gibbed's Borderlands 2 Save Editor, which is located in a sticky topic at the top of this very forum section.​

Q. Are parts from weapons, shields, grenades, class mods, and relics interchangeable?
    A. Absolutely not. Although in some cases you can get text from let's say, a relic to appear on a shield, it has been proven time and time again that these effects do not actually work when they come from a different item type.

Q. Are all hybrid weapons/equipment black rarity?

A. No. Although the most common rarity for hybrids is black, they can be of any color, including white.​

Q. How can I tell if a modded weapon or equipment is a hybrid or not?

A. This one is really simple: If you paste a code into the editor and you see a triangular yellow icon with an exclamation mark next to any of the components, it is hybrid. Though it was pointed out to me that this is not a 100% reliable way to tell, you can definitely tell by what forum thread you got the code from. [​IMG]

If this helped hit the thanks and like button!​

2. Fayith

Fayith Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    thumbs up. :p

3. pe

pepxl Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Copy and paste much, even took out the credits

http://www.se7ensins.com/forums/threads/the-hybrid-weapons-equipment-faq.803637/

4. J3

J3TBL4CKH4RT Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah, nice job with the copy paste. You didn't even change it up to try and hide the fact that you stole it, since this is my thread word for word but without the credits. Good job. :down: