SuperDaE blackmailing Microsoft, may reveal XBOX One Secrets

ADDZ May 28, 2013

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

SuperDaE blackmailing Microsoft, may reveal XBOX One Secrets

[​IMG]

For those who do not know, SuperDaE is an Australian hacker who has come under fire from not only Western Australia's police but the F.B.I. for attempting to sell two Durango's on eBay. And no, I don't mean pre-orders for the XBOX One that have been magically appearing on eBay this week, I'm talking the real deal here.

Two NextBox Dev kits were listed on ebay by DaE (Real Name: Dan Henry) which subsequently had the police arrest him today. What police did not know about Henry was that he set up what people are calling a "deadman's switch" in his personal FTP Sever to leak every single secret about the XBOX One that has been collected for the past 3 years. These secrets are obviously important enough to keep hidden if they were willing to grant Henry bail earlier today. For those that are wondering about this "deadman's swtch", what this essentially means is that if Henry is not at his PC by a certain time, unspecified as of right now, his twitter account will give out the password and username to his FTP to grant everyone and anyone access to these leaked secrets. "A gaming journalists dream" as he puts it.

[​IMG]
    SuperDaE, Dan Henry.
    [​IMG]

So, even though they have granted Henry bail here, he is still holding all this information on Microsoft, but is still blackmailing them to keep him a free man. His original date and time to release all this information has passed already. He gave the WA Police and the FBI an ultimatum. To either let all this information leak, or leave him be a free man.

At this time, Microsoft have obviously chosen the latter. Whether this is smart for business will reflect on Microsoft now, in terms of how much they are willing to keep their investments as secrets, rather than actually do anything that abides by the law. This is some major breaking news, and we'll keep you up to date on all of this as more news comes out.

Source: dashhacks