stuck dvd drive with fast flashing light

DirtyDozza Dec 17, 2011

1. DirtyDozza

DirtyDozza Stoner Gold Subscriber
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox
    ive been given an xbox to look at were the dvd drive is stuck and wont move. the tray its self sticks open about an inch and can be pulled out a bit more and back in again.

the console goes to the dash fine but the centre light just flashes green it looks to me like someone has tried flashing it and messed up?

i dont know any history of the console which is anoying but whoever had tried to open it up before me was a compleate amature and had butcherd the case close to death. which leads me to think its the same amature tried to flash it and screwed it up

the drive is a lite-on 83850c any one got any ideas?

2. AD

ADDZ Guest

You can try to recover the drive key and then flash another v8 if you have one, if it turns out to be lost or the wrong key then as long as it has HTMI you could Jtag it so all is not lost.

It seems like the drive mechanism is bust though so try to have a look at that 1st of all then try the other options.

3. DirtyDozza

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ill check out the mechanism first i done have another v8 i do have a l74850c spare if i can use any part of that to help i dont know how similar they are

4. Bu

Bullet Guest

Like ADDZ said it could well be the drive mech thats broken. Try eliminating that first. If its not that then it could very well be a botched flash.

5. DirtyDozza

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ive never seen sunch an abused 360 before i dont know how its still working if the case is anything to go buy it looks like a gorila has tried to flash it

6. Bu

Bullet Guest

get some pics up m8 :p

7. ccaveman84

ccaveman84 XPG Mod Freak XPG Developer
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    As the others said check the mechanism this would be the first thing I looked at
    If it seems not to be that then you can try the following

if you have a CK3 and a Probe you can also try hooking your drive up in Jungle Flasher and see if it will let you extract the key
    If it wont let you extract the key then the drive may well still be in vendor mode

If this is the case you can try and re intro the drive by clicking the Intro button and following the prompts to make the drive accessible again
    then you can try and extract the key if it is there and enable you to try and fix the botched flash

Re introing a LiteOn can be tricky and wont always work first time so may require a few tries
    I have rescued many botched flashes like this

I hope this helps in some way :)

8. XPG Paddy

XPG Paddy FTP Staff Lifetime Gold
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox
    You could try jungle flasher and if jungle flasher won't work try using dosflash when one of my mates drive would not pick up in jungle flasher. I used dos flash and that worked perfectly fine.

9. ccaveman84

ccaveman84 XPG Mod Freak XPG Developer
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Isnt that more or less what I said? :p

10. DirtyDozza

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It seems to be the drive itself the tray is just completely jammed won't move in or out. I'm done messing with it tho. I'm just going to give it him back but see if he will sell it me cheap. It's a jasper elite so if I get it off him I might use it for a rgh box