Sony PS4 sales forecast up after E3

Bullet Jun 16, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

If you havent pre ordered a PS4 yet, then you may miss out!

[​IMG]

Originally Sony was aiming for 16 million consoles to be 'shipped' worldwide for the PS4 Launch, but it seems they might have raised their 'sales forecast' after having such a good amount of press coverage from their strong E3 showing earlier this week, of course the nice lower price of $399 by stripping out the PSDualEye has really helped their pre-orders giving them already a clear lead ahead of XB1 in this new battle of consoles to be played out in many rounds thruout this upcoming holiday season.
    In a conversation with the Wall Street Journal, such a response was seemingly unexpected, and as such, Sony has increased its sales forecast as a result.
    "Sony Corp is raising internal sales projections for the forthcoming PlayStation 4 videogame console amid positive signs about demand for the device," according to the WSJ.
    Unfortunately for those that didn't pre-order early, however, Sony Computer Entertainment CEO Andrew House admitted that "demand may well outstrip supply." GameStop echoed this "sentiment" to the Wall Street Journal.

2. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    It's gonna be exremely hard getting your hands on one of these if you ain't preordered and i bet some stores don't give out preorders to some customers as they run out of stock lol ;)

3. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Pre order mine 2moro stop teasing MEH !!! :LOL:

4. Bu

Bullet Guest

Before the big PS4 event at E3, Amazon was reporting a 20% increase in XB1 pre-orders over the original figures for the Xbox 360 launch back in 2005, but now it seems Amazon has already used up their PS4 pre-orders, while you can still pre-order an XB1 on their site.
    Of course without any actual figures from Microsoft, Sony, or Amazon on the amount of units they were allow to sell as 'pre-order', we have no idea yet if the low price of $399 for the PS4 compared to the high price of $499 for the XB1 has anything to do with this rush on pre-ordering the PS4, or maybe its the fact the PS4 claims to have no 'used game' lockdowns and can be an 'offline' machine if you so wish, those two factors could be the real reasons Amazon ran out of 'pre-orders' so fast, compared to still available X-BONE!
    The company's initial supply of "Launch Edition" PlayStation 4 units has been exhausted. Amazon has now resorted to selling the "Standard Edition," which won't be available until December 31. When clicking on the "Launch Edition" option on Amazon's page, the company indicates that it's unsure "when or if this item will be back in stock."
    Luckily, those looking for a PlayStation 4 on launch day -- which Sony is keeping fuzzy, so far saying only that the console will launch in time for holiday shopping -- should be able to find one elsewhere on the Web. Best Buy is still offering preorders on Sony's console for launch, and GameStop is selling bundles that come with a single game for $459.98.

5. IIEvolution85II

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah hence majority of people going over to ps4 as of MS and what has changed and shizz.

Ill be sticking with xbox 360 for a while myself :p

6. xpghax

xpghax Gold Section Mod/Uploader
    205/282

Console:
    Other
    pre-ordered mine on amazon other day along with watchdogs ;)

7. Bu

Bullet Guest

Its mainly to do with the fact that MS is literally ripping people off on the games side of things.

I mean if you pay £40+ for a game, you should be able to lend that game to your friend if you want, you pay a lot of money for games, they should be yours to do with what you like.

8. De

DellBoy Veni Vidi Vici Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Pre ordered last week after the crappy news on the crappy xbox-none, along with Battlefield 4 and Watchdog, been told Will be December they don't wanna go directly head to head with M$ and people like to wait till xmas for "sales" so I believe it will be Dec hopefully in the first 10 days, but yeah F You M$ biggest fail. I'm actually really excited now about the PS4 since I didn't kow anything about it as I'm a big, sorry was a big xbox fan and had o intentions of buying the PS4 but I may even get the eye they do looks really cool and my son would love it. M$ your loosing all your hardcore fans :(

Game has had twice as many pre orders for the PS4 than the xbox-none lol

9. De

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    lol you'd think wouldn't you. Its right Sony have really taken care to look after "The Gamers" and "you buy it you own it" Sony say unlike M$ saying "F You Gamers"

10. Bu

Bullet Guest

Sony stuck with their core audience and produced a gaming machine for gamers.

MS have been ignorant and screwed gamers over, so now its time for gamers to say screw MS !

11. De

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    yep 100% lol, I can see them 12mths after releasing the xbox-none scratching there heads think and wondering why there projected sales and new members and profit have all fallen or at least got no where to there numbers. MS have handed the next gen gold mine over to sony, I said in another post earlier, that as for all the Game stores near me have had double the pre orders for PS4 than the Xbox-none

12. IIEvolution85II

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah i see where your coming from bullet but people will buy the xbox one regardless but PS4 willl probably cripple xbox one sales for a while ;)