Serious Auto-Save Problems Plague The Last of Us

NaCLy AF Jun 14, 2013

1. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    I awoke this morning to a deluge of Tweets from IGN readers who picked up the eagerly-anticipated PlayStation 3 exclusive The Last of Us overnight. Many of them have run into serious auto-saving issues in the game, in which the game never actually auto-saves. All progress can be lost if you don’t manually save your game. (Update: I'm being told that you can't manually save once the auto-save glitch starts. Not sure if this is true for everyone.)

The problem apparently has something to do with its day one patch – patch 1.01 – as well as its connection to the PlayStation Network. While none of this has been confirmed yet, it appears that staying offline while playing does the trick. For some people, staying offline with the patch installed solves the problem. Others stayed offline and deleted the patch to get auto-save to work.
    Naturally, this isn’t a problem those who played the game on a debug console encountered, as patch 1.01 – the likely culprit – was not available before the game was released to the public. We’ve reached out to Sony to see what the issue is, and when we can expect Naughty Dog to deliver a fix.
    We’ll update you when we hear more.

Source: Colin Moriarty @Ign

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2

2. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    Update:

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk 2