Scratched disk / installing

Chammiez Jun 18, 2013

1. Chammiez

Chammiez Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I apologize if this is in the wrong section.

But anyways, I have a few disks that have been scratched from the xbox falling over I never learnt the first time apparently. x_x.. and all these disks have the exact same scratch, a full ring of the disk.. and none of them play, they load and will all stop near the beginning...

Now here's the thing, someone told me if I installed the game onto the hardrive, (I know you can't play games with this), but apparently once you install the data onto the hardrive it will play not-working scratched disks.. so I was wondering if this was true.. and if so is it possible to take a install data of the hardrive and transfer it onto another xbox like using a memory stick?

If not then no worries, I'll just go buy new copies, I was just hoping to save money. xD

Thanks in advance.

Chammiez

2. Ex

Exiige Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I can help you out, as unfortunately I have many experience with this. Anyway, if you have a laser burned disc, you can't use it. As you already know. So if you get a working disc, and install it to your hard drive, then you can use the scratched/non working disc to play. You CAN NOT take it and switch it over xbox's, as unfortunately it only lets you play installed games if its on the original xbox that you used to install with. Hope I helped! Also, instead of buying new discs, just take them over to your local video game/movie store, they should have a resurfacing device they can use to resurface your disc and fix it.

3. Chammiez

Chammiez Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ah sweet, thank you for your help.