Rumor: New Mass Effect 4 Races Hint at Game Being Set After Trilogy

NaCLy AF Nov 25, 2013

1. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    A Mass Effect 3 forum user with the handle “Col. Paine” has posted a hefty chunk of information about Mass Effect 4 that he claims to be from a secret PAX meeting with BioWare developers. Mike Gamble, a producer on the series, Tweeted "...if you love Mass Effect and are going to PAX Prime email me..." a few weeks before PAX Prime, and this particular fan took him up on the offer. He claims to have been one of the 21 people that got to give feedback on the concepts the team brought, learning new information that hasn’t really been released yet.

It does sound a bit odd, but he responded to Gamble's post-PAX thank you tweet to Mass Effect fans, with a thank you of his own for letting him attend. Take it all with a grain of salt, but here’s the information he shared.

One of the major takeaways was the fact that Mass Effect 4 is likely a sequel, and not a game set before the original trilogy. Two new races were introduced that would be difficult to rationalize in a prequel. First, there’s the "Arrogant" race. These characters are thin, skeletal, and have bright, glowing eyes. The user also noted their necks that "frilled up from their chest.”

Second group was described as the “Ancient, Advanced, and Guardian" race. Think of these as your average sci-fi golems, with smooth rocky or metallic bodies.

Other than the races, these Mass Effect fans also saw different character models in Frostbite 3, different pieces of human equipment, a handful of land vehicles, and plenty of other pieces of concept art that the team wanted feedback on. It sounds like it was a long, detailed meeting, and if you believe this fan’s story, then you should feel confident that BioWare is doing its best to do right by its most dedicated player base.

2. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    We will see what happens but i think mass effect has dragged on 2 long like fast and furious :p

Never played first one, Played second one for 5 mins and third one played it for a while ;)

3. xpghax

xpghax Gold Section Mod/Uploader
    205/282

Console:
    Other
    nice,huge fan of the mass effect games and this would be mint on the new consoles and with frostbite 3!

4. AlexAlex16

AlexAlex16 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Whole earth want Mass Effect 4 !!!!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I5500 using Tapatalk 2

5. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    We will see what happens but i think mass effect has dragged on 2 long like fast and furious :p
    HOW DARE YOU! :LOL: mass effect is the best game series out there

6. Sp

Sp33dy89 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Sounds promising if true, can't wait for more info

Sent from my XT890

7. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console: