1. BMTHstanton1990

BMTHstanton1990 RGH/JTAG God
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]

This tutorial will NOT get your console on dash 2.0.15572.0 to glitch. If you updated your console to 15572 RGH 2.0 will not glitch your console. M$ updated the CBs to 15572 and added another RC4 code. So, at this moment, phat consoles on dash 15572-15574 are NOT glitchable.

Some Jasper BB consoles will boot a hacked image. Some don't. So your chances are 50/50. However, i haven't heard of a console that won't boot Xell. So you should be fine if it doesn't boot a hacked dash because you can build a retail image when you get your CPU key.

Introduction Of Hardware and Software

Hardware:

-NAND-X or another way to read/write your NAND like a LPT cable. There are several other USB programmers out there as well. Like the new J-R Programmer. In this tutorial, i'll be using the NAND-X.

-Glitch Chip (A Matrix is recommended. A, B or C, Coolrunners will still work though) or a Squirt. Alot of members are having a higher success rate and better boot times with the Matrix. Nothing has been reported about the Coolrunner REV. C's boot times. In this tutorial i will be using the Coolrunner (I will update it on how to use a Matrix soon!)

-A way to program your Coolrunner/Matrix/Squirt (Nand-X to Coolrunner cable is your best bet for Coolrunners) You can also use an LPT cable. In this tutorial, I'll be using the Coolrunner to NAND-X cable.

-10 ohm resistor if you are using a REV. A or B version of the Coolrunner. If you have a REV. C version of the Coolrunner the resistor is not needed.(Some said they didn't need the resistor at all, but out of my experience it improved boot times.)

Software Needed:
    J-Runner

Install the NAND-X Drivers:
    NAND-X Drivers

Step one: Plug your NAND-X into the computer.
    Step two: Go to the Control Panel and open up Device Manager.
    Step three: Find Other Devices and expand that tree. Find the device labeled Memory Access
    Step four: Right click the device labeled Memory Access and click Update Driver Software
    Step five: A window will pop up and hitBrowse My Computer For Driver Software.
    Step six: Point the program to the directory where you have downloaded and extracted the driver and click Next.
    Step seven: Let it do it's thing. A dialog will pop up saying the drivers aren't signed. Just click install anyways. Let it continue doing it's thing.
    Step eight: A window will pop up sayingWindows has successfully updated your driver software. That's it. Your NAND-X is ready for work!

Dump Your NAND:
    Step one: Wire up the NAND-X cable.
    [​IMG]

Step two:Plug your console in but don't turn it on. Open J-Runner and clickRead NAND. Let it finish dumping your NAND. By default, it will make two dumps. However, if you want more than one dump, you can change the No. of Reads option under the Read NAND button. I personally leave it at two. It is a MUST to dump at least two. No exceptions.
    Step three: When it is finished it will compare the NANDs to make sure they are the same. If they aren't, check your NAND-X wires and double check the soldering and try again until they are matching dumps.
    Step four: If you have anybad blocks, make sure you note that. You can check for bad blocks by clicking the Bad Blocks tab on the window on the right, then click Check for bad blocks. Once again, if you have bad blocks, note that. Although J-Runner remaps bad blocks for you automatically, it's best to double check. This will be explained in the flash image step.
    Step five: If you have two matching NAND dumps and you have checked for bad blocks, continue to the next step, flashing your Coolrunner

Flash your Coolrunner:
    Step one: Plug your Coolrunner to NAND-X cable into your Coolrunner or your LPT cable if you are using one. The smooth part of the NAND-X to Coolrunner cable should be face up. The red wire should be on VCC, the green wire on TMS.
    Step two: Plug the Coolrunner to NAND-X cable into the NAND-X. The red wire should be facing the USB connection. The black should be facing towards the NAND wire hookup.
    Step three: Plug your NAND-X into the computer and start up J-Runner.
    Step four: When J-Runner opens up, clickFlash Coolrunner.
    Step five: A dialog will open up and ask you to select your console type. You will notice that the left side is grayed out. That is used for RGH 1.0. We are doing 2.0. So you can select A, B, C, or D. These are the timing files. Not Coolrunner reversions. The makers of these files brag that they are for all motherboard versions. Once you get your Coolrunner installed and booting a hacked dash, you can go through this list and pick the one that boots your console the fastest. I will explain this in the boost your speeds step.
    Step six: Once you selected the file you are going to use, click OK. Let it do it's thing and wait for it to say successful.
    Step Seven: Unplug your NAND-X and the NAND-X to Coolrunner cable.

Wire up the Coolrunner:
    REV A and B:
    If you have a Rev. A or B Coolrunner, do as this image suggests. Remove the C15 CAP, and add a 10 ohm resistor to the "D" point like this, Coolrunner's D point, resistor, cable, CPU_RST point on the motherboard. Then just follow the instructions in the second image excluding the extra steps for the Coolrunner Rev. C (Closing or opening bridges. That is only needed for Rev. C Coolrunners.)
    [​IMG]

REV C:
    [​IMG]

Create a Xell Image, flash it and get your CPU Key:
    Step one: Once you have two matching NAND dumps, clickcreate ECC. Let it do it's thing.
    Step two: When you have the ECC image created, click Write ECC. Wait for it to finish and then unplug your console and leave it sit for about 30-40 seconds. Unplug your NAND-X from your console and computer as well.
    Step three: Plug your console up to the T.V and boot it up with the Eject button.
    Step four: Once it boots into Xell, get ready to take a picture of your Fuses. When the Fuse line comes up, take a picture. Now power down your console and bring it back to your PC.
    Step five: Combine lines 3 and 5 together. That is your CPU Key.
    Step six: Type the CPU Key you just received from Xell into the box labeled CPU Key on J-Runner. In a moment, it will tell you if it is correct or not.
    Step seven: Now that you have your CPU Key, get ready to build a hacked NAND image.

Create a hacked NAND image and flash it:
    Step one: On the right side of the program, make sure these options are selected/unselected:

Dash Version: 15574
    Make sure the Glitch bubble is selected.
    On the drop down menu, select RGH2 if it isn't already.
    If you don't know what to do with the Dash Launch ini, uncheck the Dash Launch Patches box.
    Make sure the "Use Edited Settings box" is unchecked under the Advanced XeBuild Options.

Step two: If the above items are selected/unselected click Create Image. Let it do it's thing.
    Step three: Click Write Image if you didn't have bad blocks.
    Step four: When it says it's finished writing the NAND image, unplug your NAND-X from your computer and console. Then unplug your console and leave it unplugged for about a minute. Plug it up to your T.V and enjoy!

If you had bad blocks:
    Download RAW Flash

Step one: Extract the just downloaded file.
    Step two: Put it in the root of a USB drive (leave the name as Xenon.elf)
    Step three: Put the created image in the root of the USB drive with the downloaded file (If it's not already, name it "updflash.bin". No quotes.).
    Step four: Plug the USB drive into your console.
    Step Five: Boot your console up with the Eject button. This will boot Xell, the file you downloaded and placed on your USB drive was a Xell program to remap your bad blocks. It also writes the created image for you as well.
    Step Six: Shut down your console when it says shut down now. Unplug it for about a minute. Then plug it back in and enjoy!

Boosting your speeds (XPG exclusive):
    Let me explain a few things here. RGH consoles rely on a "glitch" pulse to the CPU in order to force it into what they call "hypervisor" mode which is also known as a "recovery" mode. In order for you to get a fast glitch, there must not be any sort of interference. I'll explain how to improve your glitch times as briefly as i can. In order to get the best performance, you will need to spend a good bit tweaking your install. Write down how many pulses (flashes of the green debug light) it takes to boot your console. Each pulse is between 3-5 seconds. Mostly 5 seconds though. Boot your console several times while testing each tweak. It's also best to stick your console back in it's metal case and put the DVD drive in while testing as when it's put back together, it will be slower. So tweak them as if it were back together.

1. Wire positioning. VERY important if you want a fast glitch. Especially if you do not have a shielded CPU_RST cable. The wire that needs to be focused on mostly is the CPU_RST (blue) and the Post_Out (yellow). Try to keep the Post_Out wire away from the under side of the RAM. Route the CPU_RST wire as far away from any components as possible. Wire positioning is VERY important once again.

2. Try removing your 10 Ohm resistor off CPU_RST (blue wire or double shielded wire).

3. If you don't already have a double shielded cable installed, pick one up. The're not expensive and do improve your times a bit in some cases.

4. Try putting a 47nf cap on your CPU_RST wire in series with your resistor.

5. Purchase the CPU_RST Cleaner and install it and try out all possible configurations with it's switches.

6. If all else fails, use higher gauge wire. I use single core 22G heavy insulated wire on ALL my installs. Improves performance VERY well. NOTE: Using higher gauge wire is NOT for those new to soldering as the thicker gauge wire can pull points VERY easily if you aren't careful. I would recommend soldering the wire, and tacking it in place with some hot glue in several places after you gave it a few secs to cool. Again, don't pull on the point too much as it will lift it.

Troubleshooting
    Coolrunner has no LEDs showing up:
    Make sure the white switch labeled "NOR" and "PGM" is set to the NOR position. If it is, and you still have no LEDs, check your soldering. Make sure you have the Ground wire (black) soldered from the Coolrunner to the AV port. Make sure you have the power (red wire, labeled 3.3 on the Coolrunner) hooked up to the right point. Still no power? Contact Team Xecuter.

Coolrunner's power LED (Red LED) is lit up but when the console is on, there is no flashing debug light (green):
    Check every one of your soldering connections. Make sure it is only touching what it is suppose to and nothing else. Ensure it is a good connection, and make sure everything is connected to where it is suppose to be. Also, try re-flashing your Coolrunner.

I DO NOT authorize this to be posted. ANYWHERE. It's in the Gold section for a reason.
    Shoutouts to XPG Tutorial Team: XPG Dutch, XPG Jack, and XPG TOMO!

2. •Σиïgмλ•

•Σиïgмλ• The Walrus Of Love XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    nice tut that deserves a Sticky and your Mentor badge
    keep the good tuts comin m8 ;)

3. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    VERY nice E. Thanks a ton. Off to earn the RGH pro badge! xD

4. FeralA9X

FeralA9X The EX-Terminator XPG Administrator
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    Very nice tut you have here mate, definately worth a sticky, couldnt make it any easier for members :)

+rep from me

5. xXJtagzeusXx

xXJtagzeusXx SCAMMER! BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Very impressive Detailed TuT! Lots of work went into this ;)

6. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks guys. I don't mess around when it comes to my glitch consoles. ;) LOADS of exclusives are about to come you're way XPG members. I have 2 more in another tut i'm working on.

7. ThaGhost

ThaGhost Producer/CEO GetMoneyCrewZ Studios Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    dam my box got 15574