[REQUEST] Skyrim Dawnguard item hex edited into save?

Nymeriax Aug 27, 2013

1. Ny

Nymeriax Newbie
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi,

This is my first time on the forums so any help offered would be appreciated.

I'm playing the Legendary version (1.9) with Dawnguard, Hearthfire & Dragonborn installed.

I am trying to do my ultimate playthrough but thanks to one of Bethesda's delightful bugs, I've screwed up a quest that I really want to complete - Lost to the Ages (picked up a glowing shard before reading Aetherium Wars now quest won't start). To clarify I have tried all options to fix this including removing dawnguard & reinstalling/clearing system cache. I picked up the shard about 100hrs+ ago in my save so reloading before my mistake really is not an option.

The only 'fix' I can think of is to manually hex edit 'Katria's Journal' into my game to start the quest as it does not appear on her corpse - I have tried myself following Goldeneye's instructions but seem to be having no luck at all.

My character is in Whiterun standing in front of a barrel containing 1234 gold and a crossbow, could anyone edit my save so that the crossbow is replaced by the journal? I cannot attach the save file as it is too large (4.36mb rar) but I would be happy to email it to anybody prepared to help.

if anyone could help me I would be extremely grateful.

2. MastaOfEvil

MastaOfEvil Dev XPG Developer Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Upload your save to mediafire

3. xGoggles

xGoggles Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Try dropping the book and the shard(s) on the floor and pick the book back up read it and see if that starts it.

4. Ny

Nymeriax Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I've already tried it several times in varying saves, but thanks anyway.

5. Ny

Nymeriax Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox