Q: Is there a way to rip disc to ISO via JTAG/RGH ?

OzQuant Jul 5, 2014

1. Oz

OzQuant Rookie
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi, I have a game disc that I can't back up using my Kreon for some reason. I have been able to use the Kreon for every game disc so far, but for some weird reason, my Kreon doesn't work on this particular disc.

I played the game using the original disc, and the disc plays fine and no errors. I have used the disc backup option on FSD on my JTAG to back up the individual files on the disc, but I prefer an ISO if possible.

Is there a tool/program/app that I can run on my JTAG/RGH to backup this disc to ISO? I *think* there is an option in 360MP that can make an ISO from raw files, but I'm not sure how that creates the random padding to pass the CRC check?

Thank you.

2. D33J

D33J The 1
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    No sorry a rgh/jtag will only rip the files from the disk.

3. begallegal1

begallegal1 Medicine Man Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    there is no real "proper" way to restore the security sectors into an iso once ripped,, It's supposedly possible with DvdMulleter, however this requires all the security files (ss , dmi , pfi) and the original layout file from the disc dump, so in most cases even that is not possible unless you are the one who made the iso originally and you kept the layout file. And given all that, I am pretty sure even that method does not work on newer XGD3 discs..

all in all,,if you want a proper ISO backup , make or DL a fresh one, you cant use a Jtag-RGH to do this as XPGD33J stated above, they can only rip files

4. Oz

OzQuant Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thank you both for the great responses. The game is one of the first 360 games so it's not XGD3. But I guess I'll have to settle for the file rip. I would like to know why this particular disc is immune to my Kreon, but that's a question for another day.

Thank you again.

5. begallegal1

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Just out of curiosity what disc is it? a retail game? a reviewer copy of a game?

6. Oz

OzQuant Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It's disc 3 of Blue Dragon. My Kreon had no issues with discs 1 and 2, and any other disc I have tried, but for some weird reason, Blue Dragon d3 can't be read on my Kreon. So weird. It's a retail disc. I used the disc to play and finish the game and had no issues with the disc.

7. begallegal1

235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Hmmm,, that is weird :LOL: