PS4 hacked to play THE SITE THAT CANNOT BE MENTIONED FOR LEGAL REASONS games

Bullet May 14, 2015

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Sony's PS4 console has been cracked by Russian hackers that have found a way to circumvent Sony's PS4 security which allows the running of THE SITE THAT CANNOT BE MENTIONED FOR LEGAL REASONS games.

Brazilian stores have been offering customers the opportunity to have their console hacked along with 10 THE SITE THAT CANNOT BE MENTIONED FOR LEGAL REASONS games installed for around a $100 with additional games being offered at a mere $15.

Brazilian game website UOL Jogos, confirmed the service to be legit when they actually purchased the hack in Sao Paulo. According to the installer, the hack along with the running of the THE SITE THAT CANNOT BE MENTIONED FOR LEGAL REASONS games would be totally undetectable to Sony.

The PS4 hack involves cloning the consoles NAND using a Raspberry Pi and then spoofing the information to an end users console.

Needless to say Sony are sending are retaliating to the distribution of this hack and are rapidly sending out cease and desist notices to retailers in Brazil which are offering to hack PS4 consoles for their customers.

A spokesperson for Sony said: "Not limited to this case, SCE [Sony Computer Entertainment] continually collaborates with organisations from US/Europe/Asia to take preventive actions against unauthorised/malicious copying of PlayStation software in individual regions."

No doubt Sony will be working to patch this hack as soon as possible, however this is just the beginning of the cat and mouse game between Sony and Modders...

Last edited: May 14, 2015
  2. jo

jotasam Newbie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I am Brazilian and my neighbor just unlock your ps4 that is working perfectly even in online games

3. weedkilla

weedkilla XPG Weedkilla
    95/188

Chef
    Console:
    Playstation 4
    great news probably be patched before i see it lol but as the article says its going to be a game of cat and mouse :)

4. fromzero

fromzero Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I'll believe it when I can play super mario 64 on my ps4.

5. jochemdu

jochemdu Honored Member
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="fromzero" data-time="1431650324">
    <div>
    I'll believe it when I can play super mario 64 on my ps4.
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    Right.. Doing that takes a port. Right now they can play original PS4 titles for free, that is a big step towards other stuff.

6. bornbad

bornbad Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Only the store you unlocked from can install the games on the account ?
    Is it just me or does this just sound like the accounts i sell lol

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial;"><strong>How it works</strong>
    <p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial;">"You let your game here and we put 10 games on your HD", begins to explain the attendant."We put a chip on your board PS4, we connect our laptop to the chip, formatted the hard drive and copied video games. After that, we removed the chip and deliver the device," he says.Simple like that.

They remove the chip after connecting to their laptop ? lol seriously come on ............ :wallbash:haha

7. Bu

Bullet Guest

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="bornbad69" data-time="1431688977">
    <div>
    Only the store you unlocked from can install the games on the account ?
    Is it just me or does this just sound like the accounts i sell lol

<p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial;"><strong>How it works</strong>
    <p style="color:rgb(0,0,0);font-family:Arial;">"You let your game here and we put 10 games on your HD", begins to explain the attendant."We put a chip on your board PS4, we connect our laptop to the chip, formatted the hard drive and copied video games. After that, we removed the chip and deliver the device," he says.Simple like that.

They remove the chip after connecting to their laptop ? lol seriously come on ............ :wallbash:haha
    </div>
    </blockquote>

We know how this is being done! Written a <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/125938-how-to-clone-ps4-games-method-discussion/'>tutorial here</a>..

8. fromzero

fromzero Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Weird that I haven't seen this on ps3 scene sites like psx-scene &amp; ps3hax

9. joaoflavio

joaoflavio Rookie
    15/47

Tomara que seja verdade