PS4 Firmware 1.60 Coming Soon: Bluetooth Headset Support Increased

ADDZ Jan 26, 2014

1. AD

ADDZ Guest

PS4 Firmware 1.60 Coming Soon: Bluetooth Headset Support Increased

It's been a while since the last official PS4 firmware update, but it looks like we may be privy to a new one soon. If you check out the product page for the official PlayStation Gold Wireless Headset on play-asia, the information you read is mostly be the standard fare you've come to expect. However, when checking out the device's firmware requirements, the spec sheet notes that 4.20+ is necessary for PS3, while PS4 demands an update numbered at 1.60. The current build sits at version 1.52, so that means fixes might soon be heading our way to increase the system's currently-low compatibility with bluetooth headsets!

[​IMG]

The best part is, that revision could be here in just a matter of days. The headset in question is set to release sometime this month, and lucky for us, there are only a few more days left in January to wait through. It's of course possible that more features beyond multiplayer mics will make the cut for 1.60, but we'll probably have to wait for the official changelog to see those.

Source: dashhacks

2. andygee1987

andygee1987 XPGEE Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Hope this will let me use my pulse headset! Talking into camera for now with lead from pad to headset, rather annoying when I've paid all that money for a wireless headset!

3. setsae

setsae " the one & only "
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    yea i am still use the mono-ear bud , but we are just waiting for all this device drivers to be ported over basically.