PS4 and Wii U dominate the Xbox One

Bullet Aug 10, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Microsoft are currently marketing the Xbox One as the 'Underdog' with adverts narrated by the voice of Rocky Balboa, the all American underdog that beat all odds, when in reality its actually the Wii U that is the real underdog that is fighting back to win the next gen battle.

Despite spending $2.1 billion in production and launching of the Xbox One the console is flagging behind in sales compared to both the PS4 and the Wii U.

Since its launch in November the Playstation 4 has sold over 9.3 million units which accounts for a massive 43.9% of the market. The PS4 originally went on sale for $399 which was a $100 cheaper than its rival the Xbox One

The Wii U has the advantage over the Xbox one due to the fact it released a year earlier than the other two consoles in November 2012 and was selling for $299 for a basic package and $399 for the premium console. The Wii U has sold 6.9 million consoles accounting for 32.5% of the market.

The Xbox One released around the same time as the PS4 back in November and sold 5 million units which accounts for 23.6% of the market. Originally the Xbox One was priced at $499 when the bundles included the mandatory Kinect sensory controller which has now been dropped.

For now at least it looks as though the Xbox One is being dominated in the games console market, the release of Halo 5: Guardians for the Xbox One may increase sales enough to surpass the Wii U but with companies like Crytek porting their games to PC to recoup sales losses on the Xbox One its looking less likely that the gap between the PS4 and Xbox One will ever be closed.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2014
  2. AD

ADDZ Guest

<strong>Obviously!</strong>

PS4 feels new like a next-gen whilst the Xbox One is a hardware upgrade

3. TheUnknownGamer

TheUnknownGamer Fear
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I don't really understand you there though, ADDZ xD I mean, I'm not siding with either company but how does PS4 run games better than the Xbox One? Other than the graphical difference by a tad.

4. Bu

Bullet Guest

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="NL96" data-time="1407695589">
    <div>
    I don't really understand you there though, ADDZ xD I mean, I'm not siding with either company but how does PS4 run games better than the Xbox One? Other than the graphical difference by a tad.
    </div>
    </blockquote>

There is no massive difference between the two machines, MS let themselves down right from the word Go with the DRM policies, Always on and mandatory Kinect resulting in a much more expensive machine.<br>
    MS realized the mistake unfortunately it seems it was too late, they had already alienated a vast majority of gamers.
    Ditching the Kinect to free up valuable resources and allowing a cheaper SKU came too late in the day. Game developers and publishers are walking away from the Xbox One for pure financial gain, that's just business.<br><br>