PS VITA RUNNING PSP ISOs

andygee1987 Sep 12, 2012

1. andygee1987

andygee1987 XPGEE Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4

You might remember the hacker whom I nicknamed “Tony”, who was able to run PS1 games and psp isos with a CFW on a PS Vita. Or you might remember Davee’s HEN running on a PS Vita back in march. You might also remember that I mentioned that several groups are now in possession of a PSP kernel exploit on the Vita.

Well it seems today that a beta tester for one of these groups was not completely careful, and leaked a video showing him running psp isos on a Vita (video below).

The video shows the tester (who is possibly Chinese) running isos for Metal Gear Solid : Peace Walker and Shining Blade through a (PSP) kernel exploit.

I have been told that the initial video has since then been removed which is why I’m thinking of a beta-tester mistake, but that was probably too late and the video got copied to other networks such as youtube.

What I can tell you right now is that this video is legit, and that this is neither Davee nor “Tony”‘s work. But this should not be a surprise to most people here, as I’ve mentioned in the past that we know of at least 5 groups that have PSP kernel exploits.

It’s worth mentioning that these exploits do not use VHBL in any way, but it is likely that most of them would require to go through a user mode exploit first (which probably means one of the game exploits we typically release with our Ninja release system).

There is, of course, no word on a potential release of this hack.

Source: The Z on pspking