PS Vita - Dissembled (pics)

DOPEBOI Dec 20, 2011

1. DO

DOPEBOI Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    55/94

Console:
    Other
    [​IMG]

Japanese site PocketNews received their PS Vita units. It didn’t take them long to strip down the PS Vita to look at its internal workings. The model disassembled is the PCH-1100. We can see the large battery pack (Rated 8.2 Wh – 3.7V and 2210mAh). And yes, its easy to get to it for replacement. Two T2 sized torx screws, two screws each side of the port and the back over comes off. Two smaller screws to remove then unplug the battery connector and it can be taken out and replaced if needed. Below are the photos of the internal of the PS Vita. Note the OLED screen is indeed made by Samsung.

On the second photo, you’ll see what looks to be a combo Wifi, GPS and bluetooth card. (The card with the 3 plugs in it) I can’t tell if this is the 3G version or not otherwise its just the Wireless card. But it maybe possible for users on the 3G Japanese version in other countries to swap these 3G modem cards over to grant 3G access outside of Japan. For example swap the 3G Japan band card with a new card that is on European or American bands. Once we get more detailed break downs of the PS Vita we can confirm if the 3G card is removable or not.

PS Vita internals gallery:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. imcool875

imcool875 Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    thats pretty cool to see the inner workings of it, atleast the battery is an easy swap if/when it goes bad...

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

I do love stripping things down to see how they work! This saved me monies and time lol

I lie, if i get one of these i would probably still strip it to modify it in some way.