Profile data lost in transfer

T0X1K Feb 3, 2014

1. T0

T0X1K Newbie
    0/47

Hello, I tried to move my profile (avatar and name) on to a USB hard drive but in the process the data on the USB became corrupted so now it will not read in the xbox that it came from and when I go into it with a Win7 PC I only see a file with strange characters which can not be opened up. I managed to retrieve the data with a HDD recovery tool to a folder on my PC and it looks like the way a PC sees the xbox data (Data0000, Data0001, Data0003, ect.). Is there a way to get that data back onto a USB Drive in a way that the xbox will recognize it so that I can put my profile back on the console it came out of in order the use my game saves which are still on the main HDD of that xbox. I have a lot of game saves which I cant use without that profile which is not an xbox live profie (so I cant redownload it). Or if someone knows how to recover the profile on the xbox itself that would be a big help. Thanks in advance for any advice.

2. gargoyle666

gargoyle666 Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Use revolution or horizon to view the USB

Sent from this Pure Evil Wicked!!!

3. T0

T0X1K Newbie
    0/47

Horizon and Revolution will not recognise the corrupt USB Drive that is why I used a recovery app to get the data backed up but it is in files like Data0000, Data0001 ect. Do you think I can inject those files into a freshly formatted USB Drive using Revolution or Horizon so I can get the xbox to recognise them?

4. gargoyle666

gargoyle666 Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Worth a try what do you have to lose

Sent from this Pure Evil Wicked!!!

5. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    R the game saves ID lock? If not just replace it with a new/old profile ID and woola! you are back to using those game saves.

6. T0

T0X1K Newbie
    0/47

Well I tried injecting the files but that didn't work. So then I copied the game saves that I really wanted to keep from my HDD with Modio 5.241, made a new profile with the same name and copied that to a new USB Flash Drive. I then used Modio to move the old game saves to this new profile and it changed the profile ID for me to the new profile. Everything looked as if it was going well until I put the USB Flash back in to the Xbox. It sees the profile for a bit plus the saves but when I power off the Xbox and reboot it the drive becomes corrupted as well, I tried this with a few different Flash Drives which all had similar results. At the end they always become unreadable and needed a reformat. Can you tell me how you would do this so I can give it a try. I am pretty new to Profile/Game Save Moding even though I have read a bunch of tutorials on how to do it, they all appear to be a bit dated though (I am running a 16547 Dash). I also tried exProfileEditor but that didn't want to see my HDD or my USB Flash Drives.
    Thanks.

7. ChaseResolute

ChaseResolute Banned
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    just redownload it bro