Pritect blinkers Kinect’s prying eye

Bullet Mar 24, 2012

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

They say you can’t put a price on your family’s safety and nowadays that safety extends to their privacy. That’s the kind of borderline-paranoid thinking that could lead one to worry over Microsoft’s Kinect sensor for Xbox 360. Afterall, it’s an array of cameras pointed squarely into your home and powered up at your most vulnerable, vegetative times.
    Is it monitoring your sedentary lifestyle for the health insurance industry or maybe spying on your preferred clothing brands? If these questions keep you up at night or if you’re just tired of pulling the plug on Kinect when you’re not dancing, the makers of the Pritect Cover would like to show you something.
    Yup, it’s a $10 piece of black plastic that covers the cameras. The press release goes on to make some valid points about voice commands not being impaired and blocking the infrared light that may mess with your delicate home theater but basically it’s a fancy privacy screen. If a folded piece of paper, an open game case or a repurposed Kinect box is putting the funk in your feng shui I can’t think of a better, more aesthetically pleasing solution than this.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2012
  2. tu

turbo123 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    or you can unplug it and save 10.00 lol

3. Bl

BluntDat Your Failure Is My Success...
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I buy...

4. orion0912

orion0912 Xpg Official Cripple
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    sum people are daft enuff to buy these things aswell lol

5. Bu

Bullet Guest

@ turbo123 i think the idea of it is that if you want to just use your kinect for voice commands, but dont want to be filmed... personally i would hang a sock over the camera and save $10 , but meh lol

6. he

henry winkler Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Nintendo
    i like to be filmed so saves me $10

7. Abrakadeadguy

Abrakadeadguy Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I hate people who have Kinects and play Call of Duty. If you're not going to use it to chat, TURN IT OFF. I hate hearing people arguing, babys crying, and dogs barking. You ask them to mute it but they can't hear you. I have to take time out of MY life to find them in the middle of the game and mute them.

If you are playing a game with in game chat, be kind and unplug the &^%&^ kinect