Playstation 4 Thermal Images

Vash The Stampede Nov 23, 2013

1. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    With today being the launch of the Sony Playstation 4, I figured I'd take some infrared shots of it in action. Using the new FLIR E8 Thermal Camera with MSX®, I've got some great shots to look at. Remember, computers and electronics get hot, but this will show you how the PS4 handles and vents that heat.
    [​IMG]
    "Bottom" side of the Playstation 4 Just after unpacking and running the firmware update.
    [​IMG]
    "Top Side" of the PS4, just after unpacking and running firmware update (on for about 5-7 minutes at this point). Note that the top part of the PS4 in this picture has a different emissivity than the lower, so, the temp measurements on the top won't be as accurate.
    [​IMG]
    The Playstation 4 has been on for about 10-12 minutes at this point as I move around the menus, and start adding my PSN profile.
    [​IMG]
    This is after 5 minutes of standby, with a controller plugged in for charge.
    [​IMG]
    The top part of the PS4 after about 10 minutes of Killzone.
    [​IMG]
    The "bottom" side after 10 minutes of Killzone.
    [​IMG]
    Here you can see the vents heating up to around 121º F
    [​IMG]
    30 minutes later, the top surface of the PS4 is still holding around 114º F degrees at its peak.
    [​IMG]
    And finally, the bottom side of the Playstation is at 121º F.
    [​IMG]
    The vents however, are now up to 143º F after 30 minutes of running Killzone, which is totally a reasonable spec!
    UPDATE: A few folks asked for thermal of it lying flat - these two photos are about after 20 minutes of playing Killzone.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Highest temp read on the vent is around 126º F, a little cooler than when it was vertical, but the play time was a little bit shorter. I'll be taking more photos as the weekend progresses, so keep checking back!
    UPDATE 2:
    The hottest the vents have gotten in its flat position while playing Killzone, appear to be around 138/140º F, so a few degrees cooler, but close to where it was when it was vertical. The top surface still stays at a consistent 110-114º F.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    UPDATE 3: Been playing for over 3 hours now, with the PS4 comfortable in my home theater cabinet in its flat position. The Playstation remains a little under the temperature it was when I was around 30 minutes in, which is around ~133ºF/56ºC.
    [​IMG]

source planetextech

2. Bu

Bullet Guest

I'm assuming you don't have a thermal imaging camera and equipment?

3. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    no i dont XD just posting info about the ps4