No Man's Sky Coming to Xbox with Huge Update

Grizzy Apr 3, 2018

1. Grizzy

Grizzy
    Administrator
    XPG Administrator
    25/47

[​IMG]

Once upon a time, No Man’s Sky, originally a PS4 console exclusive, was my most anticipated release of 2016. Based on detailed descriptions from the game’s director Sean Murray, No Man’s Sky sounded like a groundbreaking game, a perfect game, an infinite game (because of its procedurally generated universe)... but the finished product wasn’t quite what was promised...

Dubbed “One Man’s Lie” by disappointed fans, the game’s launch in August of 2016 was immediately followed by a flood of negative reviews, refund demands, and general outrage that much of what was promised by Sean Murray was flat-out not true. The game was deemed boring at best by many people, and personally I never ended up buying it (it hasn’t gone low enough on Steam sales for me).

Since then No Man’s Sky has received a number of tweaks, updates, and expansions which has made some people happier, but has generally not boosted the games reputation much -- it’s sitting at a score of 61 on Metacritic, with a user score of 2.6

When it releases this August on Xbox One, it will be called No Man’s Sky NEXT, and will feature the “NEXT” update (it’s biggest one yet), and will also include all of the three official expansions for the game: Foundation, Pathfinder, and Atlas Rises (which did add 30 hours of story). And to top it all off, it'll support HDR and 4K resolution.

[​IMG]

The price tag will also be less than when it originally released on PS4 and PC, it'll go for $49.99. It is currently available for pre-order on Amazon (with a place-holder release date). This update will be free for everyone who owns the game already.

Have any of you played No Man's Sky? Does it really deserve all the hate? And who might buy it this summer for Xbox One? Let us know in the comments!

Last edited: Apr 3, 2018
  2. Deh Deh

Deh Deh Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I had big hopes for this game....It was a little disappointing,but with the updates,hopefully it boost up their sales and continue to approve the game play a little better.

• Agree Agree x 1