Modding help

Xerowingz Oct 4, 2012

1. Xe

Xerowingz Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm brand new to modding. Actually, I just started trying it today. I looked through some tutorials and downloaded what I needed to, but it seems that despite this, I cannot get anything to work like I want it. Perhaps I'm just doing something wrong, or missing steps?

I'm hoping to get some help.

Here is what I have done so far. The test game I'm trying to save mod is called Record of Agarest War. I downloaded a save editor from here, and 360 Revolution. I extracted the save game from my USB stick onto my desktop, then opened it up with the save editor. Once I made the changes, I went back to Revolution and injected the save file back into the place where I'd extracted it. Then I put the stick back into the xbox and loaded up my game.

Nothing happened. Nothing had changed and nothing had been unlocked.

I don't know what I did wrong.

2. nickmrnick

nickmrnick Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Im not the best person to give advise but some times it does not work try it again and see if it works then. If not then maybe someone else can help. Because any time i mod a save it worked fine and it seems that you have all of your steps in order. Oh and some times the tool does not work right. Sorry if this does not help.

3. Cl0ne

Cl0ne Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Not to be downing 360 rev but its tools such as the rehash is SHlT never use it download and uses modios rehash
    but keep 360 rev they have better gamesave mod tools

Cl0ne

4. XPGCaboose

XPGCaboose XPG Lifer TeamXPG
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    modios rehash/resign hasn't been updated in years and it breaks for saves than it actually fixes. that being said.

this may be a dumb question but you didn't say that you hit save after you modded the file. did you click save? click file save and then it's always good to rehash/resign the file again after modding. if you continue to have problems upload your save to mediafire.com or any free hosting site and give us the link so we can download it and test it as well.

5. Xe

Xerowingz Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I figured out what I did wrong. The save editor didn't rehash and resign the file after I had saved it. Once I manually did that and injected the file, the mods worked well.

Question, though. How high is the chance of me getting an XBL ban for doing this?

6. Cl0ne

Cl0ne Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox

don't know what version you have been using but they have never "broke" any of my saves, and depending on the game like if its newer or monitored like forza 4 than there's a higher chance of being banned
    Cl0ne

7. ho

houndhawk Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    well ... just like Leecher .. i did the same as an mafia2 saves except for not manually save , but i´m pretty sure i take every step just like says Leecher and.. didnt work , so i´m looking for some help/tips btw ,i did every step into revolution try many times ...still dont work !

8. ho

houndhawk Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i was seriuosly thinq about resign/rehash fails ..cause i have latest updated version !

9. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Make sure to Rehash and resgin your IDs on the save den put it in. heres a video on how to..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G4Hl_7CQd3U

;)

yrs

shadowhands

10. Se

SexyDev Queen of Darkness
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I would recommend using Modio to rehash and resign. It has never failed me. I would download Modio 3.0 because their new version is not complete and the beta is a bit buggy. I have been modding for over 4 years now so I somewhat know my way around lol. If you have any questions you can let me know. Keep in mind that you can always send me the save and I can mod it for you and put notes into how I did it in the text file. :D Happy Modding!