Minecraft Xbox 360 - Freezes on the Storage menu. Can someone please help.

Mariam83x Mar 22, 2014

1. Ma

Mariam83x Newbie
    0/47

My children have an Xbox 360 and they love Minecraft!

I downloaded the game from online (on the xbox) for them and it had major issues. Basically when they went to play it, a pop up came up asking to pick a storage device... the only option was 'Hardrive' so they clicked it and the same popup came up again and again and again. literally it sort of stuck on that pop up and they COULDN'T play it.

after Youtubing a 'fix', something like deleting "minecraft title update' or something like this. This was a temporary fix as when they would exit or try to switch maps the exact same pop up would come up again and do the same thing!

So I got a refund and bought them a DISK (Minecraft Xbox 360 Edition) from the shop. Only the EXACT same problem is happening again. I am getting very frustrated and my children are really upset.

Is there a real fix to this???

i also tried this and again it was temporary fix... Delete the game file and its Title Update files from Settings > System > Storage... Clear the cache 3 times.... Restart the console.... Download a free demo of similar file size to Minecraft (NOT the Minecraft Demo)... Without deleting that demo, download Minecraft from the account's Download History.

Oh, and the Xbox hardrive has well over 200 gb of free space... there are three accounts, 1 gold member and 2 not and this problem is happening in all 3 profiles.
    AND I have reformatted the hardrive on the xbox too!

2. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Could be the HDD have develop a prob. Have u try using a USB 2Gb or more as I use a USB to load my game saves or try the " Cloud saving " in the system setting using the gold member account.

3. Xatoku

Xatoku Good News Everyone! Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    If the console is a JTAG/RGH/R-JTAG disable "fake live" in dashlaunch

4. Fallen Predator

Fallen Predator Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Playstation 4
    hey mate make sure the hard drive is placed in right, i had same issues with the hard drive half out, wouldn't load saves or connect to the net.

5. De

Devonpikachu Guest

This is just a Minecraft bug they know about.

6. Ma

Mariam83x Newbie
    0/47

Yes I have tried cloud storage but it has the same problem. I have tried a 4gb usb disk but the xbox wouldn't recognise it so i have recently ordered a 16gb sandisk xbox flash usb stick and when that arrives i will try that to see what happens.

All there other games work 100% fine so i am doubting it's a hardrive problem and if it is i am a clueless nontechnical Mom who wouldn't have a clue how to see if it is connected ok. lolz.

and this comment "If the console is a JTAG/RGH/R-JTAG disable "fake live" in dashlaunch" was just a different language. sorry :wallbash:

7. ShangTsung

ShangTsung Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    wow! never heard of this happening on xbox Minecraft, i was going to ask how old your xbox is but if you reformatted the hard drive i doubt even the age of the console would be an issue, my downloaded version of Minecraft has played perfect from day 1 and i literally have never encountered so much as one single glitch or bug while playing it and i play that game sometimes up to 6 hours at a time.. wish i knew what to tell you, that is a strange issue indeed.
    :|

8. Xatoku

Xatoku Good News Everyone! Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Is your Xbox Modded?

9. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Dont think it is mate coz of the other comment off yrs. lol

10. Ma

Mariam83x Newbie
    0/47

Hi guyz,

Thanx for helping but the problem persists! I wasted £10.99 on a flash USB stick and still same problem. I tried using cloud storage and still the same stupid pop-up.

Just bought a sonic game for my other son and that game, as the rest, are saving absolutely fine without any problems whatsoever.

It's an Xbox 360 S Console 2012 model.

Modded? I'm assuming that is some kind of a weird hacking thing? Seem to be a different name for different kind of consoles (hacking, jail-breaking, etc). So the answer is NO. lolz.

ShangTsung ==> you are very lucky! My kids are gutted :(

and YES I have been using the Gold Live Account. Tried with all three but the Gold Account is more or less always used with everything.

11. SirFiras47

SirFiras47 ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well you may want to contact xbox support team then, just do a quick live chat with them and hopefully they'll know what's causing your issue.

12. gameroms

gameroms XPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    no issues here, try to clear cache maybe..