Release Date: May 9, 2012 ​

Developers: 4J Studios, Mojang ​

Publishers: Mojang ​

Platforms: Xbox 360 ​

Genre: Sandbox, Survival, Adventure ​

Players: Single Player, Multiplayer ​

Rating (ESRB): E (Everyone) ​

Synopsis:

A player in Minecraft has a lot of freedom to choose how to play the game, with the primary goals being surviving attacks by monsters (known in-game as "hostile mobs") and building shelter. The core gameplay revolves around construction. The game world is essentially made of cubes arranged in a fixed grid pattern which represent different materials, such as dirt, stone, various ores, water, and tree trunks. While the players can move freely across the world, objects and items can only be placed at fixed locations relative to the grid. The player can gather these material blocks and place them elsewhere, thus potentially creating various constructions. ​

Gameplay

Minecraft gameplay is completely unique and unlike any other game I've played before. You start out with nothing and have to completely create your own tools and essentials needed to survive through the night. In the start the game is more focused on you building a shelter so you can survive the monsters that come out in the night. The tutorial in the game does a fantastic job of showing you how to build all the tools you need to survive. ​

From building a house out of dirt to constructing a portal to the nether I have not gotten bored with this game. It is very addictive and I can see myself playing this for months to come. The multiplayer is fantastic, it has little lag for me and it is very fun to build, mine and create things with your friends. Minecraft has so much to offer the player to do with its railroads, mines, caves, and materials. This is definitely a game where you can space out playing for hours and not notice how much time has gone by. ​

Gameplay Rating: 10​

Graphics:

The graphics are meant to be low quality, the game's not meant to be played on amazing graphics. That is another thing I love about the game. The graphics are simple and effective for the game. With that being said, it's hard to rate a game on graphics when the game is meant to be played that way. I have not seen any rough edges or anything wrong with them so I'm going to have to say the graphics are amazing. I love the vast landscape and seeing the sun and moon move through the sky. The lands in the game look great. ​

Graphics Rating: 9​

Controls:

The controls are simple, easy to pick up on and a lot like fortresscraft in a way. I have not had any issues with the controls and after playing the game for 1 hour they were like second nature to me. Anyone should be able to get the controls pretty fast after playing the game a bit. Great effective controls perfectly for this game. ​

Controls Rating: 9​

Overall Rating:​
    9.5/10 (Amazing game, very addictive and fun gameplay, great graphics and easy to use controls.)​

This Review i made the 2nd day it came out ;)

2. FeralA9X

FeralA9X The EX-Terminator XPG Administrator
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    Nice review Tattoo, cant wait to see some more ;)

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

Excellant review Tattoo , look forward to seeing more and seeing you with your Editor badge.

4. Tattoo

Tattoo XPG Mentor Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    thanks i've got a couple of old ones i did i wanna do one on Ghost recon that day it comes out but thanks ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.