KillerVidz Apr 7, 2014

1. KillerVidz

KillerVidz Rocky BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    [​IMG]
    Xbox 360 – soon you’ll only need one Xbox console under your TV
    The Xbox One will be able to run Xbox 360 games in the future after all, as Microsoft admits it is ‘thinking through’ new plans.

Microsoft has never been big on backwards compatibility, with Xbox 360 support for original Xbox games being patchy and inconsistent. And when it came to Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One Don Mattrick insisted, ‘If you’re backwards compatible, you’re really backwards.’
    (No really, those are the actual words he said. No wonder he’s working at Zynga now.)
    But while the Xbox One has no backwards compatibility at all at the moment that won’t be the case forever, as console development lead Frank Savage had this to say when asked if there are plans to have an Xbox 360 emulator for the Xbox One.

‘There are, but we’re not done thinking them through yet, unfortunately. It turns out to be hard to emulate the PowerPC stuff on the X86 stuff. So there’s nothing to announce, but I would love to see it myself.’
    Savage was speaking at the Microsoft Build developer conference, as reported by Kotaku, and there are no more details other than the above quote. But it’s likely that Microsoft has been influenced by Sony’s plans for the PlayStation Now service.

Ignoring Don Mattrick, Microsoft aren’t anti-backwards compatibility on purpose but, as Savage hints in his answer, each of their consoles has had drastically different internal architecture – which makes it even more difficult than usual to get previous gen games running on the new console.

Source: Metro UK

~Declan

2. DaveyMode

DaveyMode Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Things like this would turn the tide for next gen sales I think . Would be great if it was backwards compatible :) let's hope it happens .

3. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hmmmmm i wonder if this will happen but highly doubt it anytime soon ;)

4. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    just another way to possibly boost sales and eventually do a way with 360 production .