Tags:

Microsoft invests heavily against Windows 7 Piracy

FreddyZVoorhees May 6, 2015

1. FreddyZVoorhees

FreddyZVoorhees Truth or happiness, never both. Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    75/94

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]

Microsoft decided it will pursue a pirate insatiable appetite. The company decided to sue a company in Seattle which registered Windows 7 with several suspected activations. The company is now demanding reparations in a case that may favor the creator of Windows.

In its 30 years of existence, we can not ignore the many cases where the company acted against pirates. We know that Microsoft's operating systems are among the products most copied illegally history, about to be unusually long meeting people who had a genuine Windows. However, in some instance the company has come to accept that certain confrontations were futile and meaningless, especially with regard only consumers.

There is the case of Windows commercial use. In their countries of strong performance, and the United States, Microsoft often processes and gains cases of companies that falsify their operating systems on a commercial scale.

What denounced this company in Seattle was the only IP, where several illegal activations were recorded. From that sign, Microsoft decided to take action against offenders analyzing the IP records and determining the address of the firm. Microsoft claims to be able to do this through ciberforenses methods, where the company analyzes billions of activations and identifies standards.

The company claims that the pirates hundreds authenticated copies of Windows using the same key stolen, and now she legally demands several things besides the proceedings for breach of copyright, as the price of the stolen goods and the full payment of the court conveys.

The last time Microsoft did this attitude was in December 2014. The company won the case.

2. OfficialSilas

OfficialSilas The PC Wizard
    105/188

Console:
    Other
    Well Windows 10 will be free, my suggestion to all Windows 7 Users is to just simply upgrade to 8 or 8.1 pro. It's better IMO, So if you're worried of getting caught for piracy, most of the time they will block your serial ID so your Windows isn't genuine. But you can still acess your PC, just won't have protection from Windows and a few other features, so again. Just upgrade ;)

3. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    im on windows 7 im not upgrading man if there were updated to xp still i would be still on there

if the small thing is loosing a couple options im sure there will be a hack for that to to gain it back like they did with xp

4. TH

THPS90 Newbie
    0/47

I'm glad windows 10 will be free for 8 / 8.2 users because windows 8 is ludicrously awful ;)

5. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Windows 8.1 Pro is what I got cracked, My PC turns on within 3-5 seconds and is ready to be used. I enjoy the new features. Windows 7 is very dull IMO. Lastly, it's not about loosing the options, it's loosing the rights to your Windows. You're PC is basically un-protected and basically outdated as you won't be able to install new drivers etc. Better to just upgrade if it happens.

6. Vash The Stampede

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    that is not always the case all and most companies make drivers for 7 still x86 and x64 and for the protection
    there are number of protection programs are free yes it might be outdated but still update-able

7. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Very true, but you won't get Windows 10 with a cracked version of Windows ;) But yeah, it's what ever suits you guys ;)

8. Iamcoolz

Iamcoolz Forum Administrator Staff Member XPG Administrator
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    ^That is not a valid statement.

Here is the issue, Microsoft cannot truthfully detect whether or not your "OS" is a cracked OS, however if you downloaded a BAN-ME-PLEASE of a Windows 7 Pre-Activated, that they can. However, if you are smart, you would download the ISO from Microsoft's website that is up in-case your disk is lost, then it is simple after that, using RemoveWAT, or any kind of those programs completely removes Windows Activation Technology or the technology behind whether or not your PC is using a "genuine" version of said OS. Removing WAT is something Microsoft has yet to fix and that's the main issue behind this, irregardless, Windows 10 will be cracked, as I am sure they haven't done much updating to that particular technology.

You can read more about how it doesn't matter if it's genuine or not genuine, you will be allowed to upgrade to the next version of Windows, as they are honestly going to kill off Windows 7, and according to some of my emails - Windows 8 as well, for the PC at-least, tablets are a separate thing.

Sillas, he has an extremely valid point, on a daily basis I deal with a large variety of users of all talents, Windows 7 is the most preferred OS to be booted onto a PC, Windows 8.1 and 8 was obviously a failure, Microsoft saw it, and thus put in development of Windows 10 and your PC isn't really "unprotected" it is honestly fine, download and install Windows Security Essentials and it will run and update just like any anti-virus would and that program doesn't verify genuine or non-genuine software. Regarding the serial ID, they can block every single person on this planets serial ID, it doesn't prevent the actual OS from loading up or even the PC, Microsoft would never do that as it just isn't logical, I can go in with a Windows Activator and remove my Serial ID and it will formulate a newer one.

http://www.windowscentral.com/you-can-upgrade-windows-10-free-even-if-youre-using-THE SITE THAT CANNOT BE MENTIONED FOR LEGAL REASONS-version-windows

9. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    What do you mean it's not valid, Microsoft states Windows cracked user's won't get Windows 10. If they've changed there minds about giving Windows 10 free for all genuine users.
    But reading that article, I guess Microsoft is allowing cracked versions as well as genuine. Smart move for Microsoft as it states most of China runs cracked Windows, and I also think most of Australian's do as well. Everybody's computer Iv'e been on is cracked! Probably my schools as well as our IT Guy always recommends cracking Windows ;)

10. Vash The Stampede

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    even if windows 10 is free im not switching at all if they made the cracked version more acceptable or made them more cheaper then i would buy them (for example Microsoft office i was looking into getting one it was 149 dollars
    i said to the people at tiger direct that's a bit much they agreed that it was and the person said they get the copies for 20 dollar's because they had a partnership with Microsoft)

11. OfficialSilas

105/188

Console:
    Other
    Looks quite good, I'm going to change but have 8.1 Pro on a USB in case it's crap, but it's always good to upgrade to get the best features in my opinion. But I'm sure most people will keep to Windows 7 as it's very easy to use.

12. Vash The Stampede

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    that is true but i dont like the fact it looks like boxes and the main windows is a sub factor that you lose the start menu unless your running a 3rd party program like start 8 etc (man if i could stick to xp i would lol)

13. weedkilla

weedkilla XPG Weedkilla
    95/188

Chef
    Console:
    Playstation 4
    great windows 10 is free im using 7 cracked i dont really like windows 8

14. scunnyemce

scunnyemce Loading ......... Lifetime Gold
    75/94

Console:
    Xbox