Preview Metro: Last Light. Last bullet. Last breath. Last chance.

XPG Darkside May 7, 2013

1. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    55/94

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Mutantsstalk the catacombs beneath the desolate surface, and hunt amidst the poisonedskies above. But rather than stand united, the station-cities of the Metro arelocked in a struggle for the ultimate power, a doomsday device from themilitary vaults of D6. A civil war is stirring that could wipe humanity fromthe face of the earth forever.

As Artyom,burdened by guilt but driven by hope, you hold the key to our survival – thelast light in our darkest hour…

[​IMG]

"By fire and sword we'll take back our world..." Miller believed this, and was ready to die for it. But I was filled with doubt. We had
    already scorched the Earth once. Now the fire was in my hands, and I had to carry it through.

Metro: Last Light is the sequel to Metro 2033, both developed by 4A Games and based on the literary works of Dmitry Glukhovsky.

The player reprises the role of Artyom, the main character of Metro 2033, whose actions may have saved humanity...or further doomed it.

The various factions within the metro, including the Communists, Rangers, and the Fourth Reich, all vie after a so-called "doomsday device" from the military installation D6, a crucial setting from the previous game. Once again, humanity is dependent on Artyom to help them emerge from the darkness
    and see the light.

The first-person gameplay is designed to accommodate both violent and stealthy approaches, giving players the option of fighting or sneaking their way through most situations. Lights can be shot out and guards quietly neutralized, or grenades can be thrown and all hell broken loose.

Guns can be loud and blazing, or they can be scoped and silenced, trading power for precision.

Survival, with a touch of horror, is a critical component of the Metro series:
    • Gas masks can become damaged in combat, and filters must be replaced. A broken mask and no extra filters can lead to an early death.
    • Ammunition must be used carefully. Should you use your precious military grade rounds, the main form of currency in the metro, or stick with
    surplus rounds and hope they do the job?
    • Powered devices, such as your headlamp, must be manually recharged, as well as certain weapons.
    • Contend with enemies, both human and mutant, with weapons ranging from throwing knives to miniguns.

The Setting

[​IMG]

When we emerged into the ruins of Moscow, I felt both fear and sorrow. But, after a life underground, I also saw strange beauty in
    the dark skies and frozen landscape. "So, that's the dead city," grunted Bourbon. "Welcome home, Artyom."

Consumed by the fallout of war, the surface is an unbreathable wasteland, inhabited by mutants, stalkers (humans scavenging the surface
    for valuables), and the decaying remains of Moscow, the "dead city."

It is below the surface, within the labyrinthine remains of Moscow's metro system, that humanity makes its home, where ammunition is
    both a form of currency and defense, where old ideologies are reborn within philosophy and violence, and where the ghosts of the past
    forever relive their final moments.

Your only hopes for survival are your gun, your gas mask, and your wits.

Screenshots and Videos

[​IMG]

It appears that the devastation we brought upon ourselves was complete; Heaven, Hell and Purgatory were atomized as well. So when a soul leaves the body it has nowhere to go, and must remain here, in the Metro. A harsh, but not undeserved atonement
    for our sins, wouldn't you agree?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Live-action video series

Enter the Metro (making of)
    Survivors: The Model
    Survivors: The Preacher
    Survivors: The Commander

Ranger Survival Guide

Chapter 1: The World of Metro
    Chapter 2: Enemy Danger
    Chapter 3: Weapons and Inventory

Gameplay trailers
    Genesis
    Salvation
    Redemption

Additional Information

[​IMG]

You can't hide from the future.

PC System Requirements:

Minimum

• Windows: XP (32-Bit), Vista, 7 or 8
    • CPU: 2.2 GHz Dual Core e.g. Intel Core 2 Duo
    • RAM: 2GB
    • Direct X: 9.0c
    • Graphics Card: DirectX 9, Shader Model 3 compliant e.g. NVIDIA GTS 250 (or AMD equivalent e.g. HD Radeon 4000 series) or higher

Recommended

• Windows: Vista, 7 or 8
    • CPU: 2.6 GHz Quad Core e.g. Intel Core i5
    • RAM: 4GB
    • Direct X: 11
    • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 580/660 Ti (or AMD equivalent e.g. 7870) or higher

Optimum

• Windows: Vista, 7 or 8
    • CPU: 3.4 GHz Multi-Core e.g. Intel Core i7
    • RAM: 8GB
    • Direct X: 11
    • Graphics Card: NVIDIA GTX 690 / NVIDIA Titan

For 3D Vision Support:

• NVIDIA GTX 690
    • 120Hz Monitor
    • NVIDIA 3D Vision kit for Windows Vista, 7 or 8

PC / Xbox 360 / Playstation 3 release dates:

• North America: May 14, 2013
    • Europe: May 17, 2013

[​IMG]

You reap what you sow, Artyom. Force answers force, war breeds war, and death only
    brings death. To break this vicious circle, one must do more than just act without any
    thought or doubt.

This post has been promoted to an article

2. borris1

borris1 Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i just wanna play :(

3. andygee1987

andygee1987 XPGEE Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Damn you!!!! :lol: i seen metro and thought it was the game finaly leaking haha. Can not wait for this shiz!!

4. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Where is this hiding lol :p

5. imcool875

imcool875 Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    HAHAHAHA you too? I thought the SAME thing! then the page loaded and i was like.."damn"

6. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    :LOL: Sorry guys ;) no idea where this is hiding I want it NOW !!