Mail Bombing issue (plz help)

LPfan May 8, 2013

1. LPfan

LPfan Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hello. I hope I posted in the right section.

So, recently and currently, I was/am playing DARK SOULS online, which I did mod to the point I have tons of life and stuff, and gave myself some equipment using the DSSE (I think on here, I can't remember) and I've been giving people some equipment and items to help them out, and adjust my level to help lower leveled people out. I call it my "TRAVELING BLACK MARKET". Lol. Anyways, I go by the rules that if someone interupts me or my client in the middle of the transaction, they die. If someone attacks me before I could start, they die, which doesn't happen often suprisingly. If someone invades my world and attacks me, they die. Now, I actually been assisting others having trouble with bosses and such, and giving ppl souls to help them repair equipment and level up, if needed. Now, someone decided the other day to not only kill my client, but I killed him. (btw, not trading for anything, just helping by dropping stuff so they pick them up) So, I think I know who, but I've been getting mail bombed, which if nobody knows this, it's basically getting all your old emails on your 360 resent to you as new mail, but they're not. So, I retarted my 360 the other day, and it was ok. Now, it's happening again today. IDK if it's just continuing on from the other day, or someone did it again today, but idk how to make it stop. Any help would be great.

HELP?!?
    Thanx.

LP

P.S. Yes I get asked to have everything in the game. Not happening. Lol

2. xXxBeastxXx

xXxBeastxXx I Try My Best To Help
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    just turn off notifications off, and wait and see what happens

3. Wallsch

Wallsch Gold Member Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    185/188

Console:
    Computer
    That used to happen to me all the time. I think it's just a glitch and there is nothing you can do that I'm aware of.

4. BinaryX

BinaryX Lifetime Gold XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It happens when you get to many messages, just start deleting them, usually if you delete one from person A and if you try to delete the next one from the same person it will give an error.
    Then delete a mail from person B and then A again etc.....

5. LPfan

LPfan Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Update:

After I posted this, I thought maybe it's only the mail from my inbox from that time, SO I deleted all the messages.
    As you said SAIY4N, random errors appeard after trying to erase some, but it still deleted it, which is weird. Lol. So, after I deleted all the messages, I decided to restart my system, just to make sure those "errored messages" got deleted, so I restarted and checked. Funny thing is that 2 messages, after I supposedly deleted them all, came back, so I deleted them again. I haven't had "resent" messages for awhile, and I've played DARK SOULS and helped people out as well, with no resent messages, besides idiots spamming me and sending me hate mail cuz I purposely fell off a cliff instead of fighting them. Lol. But other than that, no resent messages.

So, how does this occur exactly? Is it truely and error, or hacker that did this? It happened previously on COD W.@.W a few years ago, which I got deranked as well, and the amazing floating corpses. Lol. My inbox wasn't full at that time either, cuz I just started using a 360 around then.

Thanx for the info. Greatly appreciated. Latters!
    LP

6. BinaryX

BinaryX Lifetime Gold XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Update:

After I posted this, I thought maybe it's only the mail from my inbox from that time, SO I deleted all the messages.
    As you said SAIY4N, random errors appeard after trying to erase some, but it still deleted it, which is weird. Lol. So, after I deleted all the messages, I decided to restart my system, just to make sure those "errored messages" got deleted, so I restarted and checked. Funny thing is that 2 messages, after I supposedly deleted them all, came back, so I deleted them again. I haven't had "resent" messages for awhile, and I've played DARK SOULS and helped people out as well, with no resent messages, besides idiots spamming me and sending me hate mail cuz I purposely fell off a cliff instead of fighting them. Lol. But other than that, no resent messages.

So, how does this occur exactly? Is it truely and error, or hacker that did this? It happened previously on COD W.@.W a few years ago, which I got deranked as well, and the amazing floating corpses. Lol. My inbox wasn't full at that time either, cuz I just started using a 360 around then.

Thanx for the info. Greatly appreciated. Latters!
    LP

Its a glitch in the system, also feel free to add me on xbl, dark souls fan here.

Sent from my LT18i